San Rafael, CA
Do you have strong computer skills (programming not required) and want to work in a fast-paced environment for a growing software firm managing data for the mutual funds industry? Must have good verbal and written skills, good critical thinking skills, and professional approach and be excellent at Internet and telephone research.
Our Company offers services to its clients who prefer to outsource the tasks associated with maintaining a clean database. Information feeds from Transfer Agents and other intermediaries may not contain sufficient information for the sales or asset records to be identified and processed. The Data Steward assists with reviewing, researching and resolving errors or missing data so that the information will be available in our platform which is named MARS:
We are located in San Rafael, Ca and currently operating as an Essential Business with our office building open for essential workers only. The working conditions for this position are as follows:
- All hiring and training will be done remotely via phone calls and zoom with no in-office training and no in-person interviews.
- This will be a remote position for the foreseeable immediate future, but the team may restart in-office work at some point in the future as conditions allow.
Currently this is a remote position. However, when it is safe and restrictions are removed, we anticipate fully returning to the office in San Rafael, CA. Therefore, we are only considering applicants who are within a reasonable commuting distance to San Rafael, CA.
Daily review and validation of Firm/Office/Rep information received by the MARS system from 3rd party providers, to ensure that the data is accurate and complete.
- Resolve errors in incoming transactions
- Resolve trades and assets to firm, office and rep levels
- Add, move and merge firms/office/rep as necessary
- Perform bulk data imports into our clients databases by researching, compiling, correctly formatting and importing spreadsheets and importing them according to our procedures.
- Research to obtain correct information, including contacting intermediaries by phone or email.
- Maintain transaction, product, social and other codes
- Work cooperatively with other team members and client personnel
- Job hours are on early shift, Monday to Friday
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Prior financial services experience, relevant business experience and/or data analysis experience
- Familiarity with firm, branch and rep structure is desirable but not essential
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Must be detail oriented - this is essential
This is an excellent entry level position for someone to establish a career in the fast-growing data management industry. Salary level for this position is $38k - $42k/year, depending on experience.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This position is NOT eligible for Visa Sponsorship.