Washington Elementary School District #6
Pay Grade: 3580
Department: Management Information Systems
Accountable To: Director of MIS
FLSA Status: Exempt
Creation/Revision Date: March 9, 2020
Under general direction, incumbent(s) handles assessment documents and reports, creates and compiles assessment databases and views, develops and maintains procedures and processes for viewing, reporting and maintaining this data.
- Modifies existing MSSQL servers and programs based on requested specifications, state laws and regulations. Assesses data affected, length of time change will take and any impact changes may have on the program.
- Designs and implements new database applications for school district including conceptualizing, creating flowcharts and creating physical designs for applications used on District’s systems. Writes code, prepares documentation and assists training staff in the use of new database applications.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of industry, products, services, resources and automation tools.
- Prepares and maintains documentation of all applications developed.
- Supervises Database Administrator(s) to include determining workload, establishing work schedule, monitoring work performance, conducting performance evaluations, and providing training.
- Determines corrections for student records, gathers student testing records and other pertinent information from schools, and forwards test data and other records to schools and other school districts.
- Generates and analyzes reports for administration and staff. Develops routine and custom reports related to enrollment, special programs, attendance, assessments, student outcomes and other related information.
- Assists with the creation of assessments or surveys and other data-related functions in multiple assessment and information systems. Supports all users with data requests, management, develops and maintains spreadsheets.
- Disseminates updates to appropriate District personnel, and ensures that the District is in compliance with current procedures and mandates regarding Database related items.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level as required.
To be eligible for this position, an applicant must meet the following required qualifications. Verification of these required qualifications is necessary. Experience may be substituted for minimum education requirement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Management, or related field
- Four years of experience creating and supporting multiple databases.
It is preferred that applicant possesses the following preferred qualifications; however, the following qualifications are not required to be eligible for this position.
- Master’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Management, or related field;
- Ten years of experience in creating and supporting multiple databases
Knowledge and Skills Required:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications for this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills required, but not limited to, for this position include:
- Capable of designing and generating multi-page reports using MSSQL and reporting services;
- Applying finance, accounting, and budgetary applications;
- Compiling state and federal reports as required by the Dept. of Ed;
- Collecting and analyzing data;
- Analyzing data and making recommendations;
- Analyzing data and making recommendations;
- Able to design and write programs in Visual Studio;
- Knowledge of SQL including MSSQL;
- Troubleshooting and resolving complex system problems;
- Conceptualizing , designing, coding an implementing new application software;
- Conveying technical information to non-technical audiences;
- Supervisor, school/ department, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction;
- Organizational skills;
- Professional computer programming language;
- State laws and regulations governing the record keeping of school records;
- Interpersonal communication skills while interacting with supervisors, staff, students, etc. to exchange information.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The working environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Thursday, March 12, 2020 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)