Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing
Deal Manager - Loan Transfers
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of Americas top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
Ensure all loan transfers are completed according to existing processes and procedures. Maintain all SLAs within the transfer timeline. Act as the accountable party for all loan transfers from start to finish. The Deal Manager is responsible for all communication to the company on an assigned transfer and are responsible for each checkpoint of the timeline being completed timely.
- Maintain stated performance level for all assigned transfer and update the checklist accordingly
- Act as the empowered point of contact for all assigned servicing transfers
- Manage all transfer calls with servicers, clients, and internal parties
- Set the schedule for all servicing transfers and communicate that to the company
- Insure all compliance timelines are adhered to for documentation to the borrower
- Assist the business units by providing the transfer data and setting up department specific calls as needed to facilitate a seamless transfer
- Monitor each transfer for receipt of necessary data prelim, final, wires, etc.
- Respond to all internal requests timely and work with servicers to fulfill individual requests
- Respond to all external and internal emails timely and completely
- Provide portfolio management or clients weekly updates on current transfers and upcoming transfers increasing transparency in the transfer process
- Other tasks or responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills when dealing with internal and external groups
- Strong skills with project management, process management, and documentation thereof
- SQL querying and analysis experience preferred
- Significant experience in Mortgage Servicing or other relevant financial industry
- College or university degree in the field of Business, Data Analysis, computer science, process improvement, project management, etc. or significant experience in the field
Work Schedule & Travel
- Typical work schedule is Monday - Friday, 8:00 - 5:00 with some minor flexibility
- Certain after hours/weekend support may be necessary for projects or high business volume situations
- After hours/ weekend email monitoring
* Three weeks PTO (paid time off) for vacation and sick days.
* Paid holidays.
* Medical, dental, vision, life, and pet insurance.
* Short- and long-term disability insurance.
* Adoption- and tuition-assistance programs.
* 401k matching program.
* Performance-based annual bonuses.
* Advancement opportunities
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.