Nashville, TN, United States
Delivery Driver - Non CDL 26' Box Truck
HD Supply is actively hiring Non-CDL Drivers to make local deliveries for our location in Nashville!
The HD Supply Truck Fleet of box trucks do not require any special license. A standard driver's license and a minimum of 2 - 5 years delivery and warehouse experience will qualify you for consideration of this role!
Compensation depends on experience. As a full time employee you will have a comprehensive and affordable benefits package that includes tuition reimbursement eligibility, health savings accounts, and discounted company stock options.
Openings for both Full Time and Part Time scheduling!
What you should expect in the scope of work:
We want our Warehouse and Driver Team to enjoy their day at work, and have the ability to motivate yourself and others while having Fun! As a company driver, you will be working in a very dynamic position, with a lot of moving parts that all share a high level of importance. You will be making deliveries to customers job sites and will need to be highly aware of safety procedures, which we will review in your training.
Some of your day to day responsibilities include:
- Pulling Orders
- Taking inventory of your manifests (order list) ensuring accuracy
- Loading inventory and unloading at customers site (lift gates / pallet jacks / fork lifts)
- Perform routine vehicle inspection to ensure road safety (DOT pre-trip inspection)
- Secure load and check prior to moving vehicle
- Plan your route to customer for delivery
- Contact customer upon arrival (may have to wait if they are not present)
- May have to help problem solve with a customer if they have an issue
- Complete inventory and driving logs and other records to keep with company policy and procedures
To fit the culture of the HD Supply warehouse you will need to have personal skills such as:
- Goal Setting
- Good Communication Skills
- Basic Math and Writing
- Foster Positive Team Climate
- Time Management
- Organization Skills
We have safety and equipment training, but it is recognized if you come to HD Supply with experience and certifications for MHE or PIT like forklifts and cherry pickers, reach trucks, clamp trucks etc.
Education and Experience
Please apply if you have a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED (or pending completion). And have a minimum of 2 years experience with delivery driving.