Mountain Park Health Center
The Dental Assistant assists the providers in the delivery of dental care to the patients of Mountain Park Health Center (MPHC) and perform those procedures allowable according to Arizona State Dental Laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Takes high-quality x-rays as prescribed by dentist.
- Uses proper techniques and dental equipment when assisting dental provider in the delivery of dental services.
- Takes and records blood pressure and weight of patients.
- Consent forms are given to patients and placed in dental chart.
- Clinical instructions direction/educational materials relating to the patients treatment are given accurately according to dental providers.
- Prepares and maintains all dental trays and instruments.
- Keeps assigned operatory stocked (Inventory maintained and ordered) and cleaned/sterilized.
- Cleans and maintains equipment.
- Responsible for the pickup delivery and communication of status of dental cases. Informs front office staff to contact patient when dental cases arrives in order to make a follow up appointment.
- Contacts patients that have received a surgical dental procedure within 2 business days to inquire if the patient is having any complications due to the procedure.
- Dental Assistant informs dentist when a patients insurance required pre-authorization.
- Must be able to embrace differences among people and able to interact with internal staff as well as external contacts in a culturally competent and respectful manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Promotes positive patient/guest relation in accordance with MPHC policies, providing a high level of quality in personal attention and service to patients and visitors.
Complies with MPHC Safety Policies and Procedures. Ensures compliance with governmental licensing and regulatory requirements where applicable. Conducts annual review of and complete/suggest on-going revisions of the Policies and Procedures specific to his/her department. Maintains familiarity with and abide by all established facility and departmental policies and procedures, noting changes when they are published/posted. Conducts himself/herself in a manner consistent with the Mission Statement and Values of MPHC.
Seeks out facility or external education/training that would further develop individual skills, experience or knowledge necessary for a high standard of functioning in his/her job.
Observes and respects the confidentiality of information in regard to patients, visitors and co-workers employees including salary information, if exposed to any of the above referenced information in the course of his/her job function.
Dresses according to MPHCs dress code policy and procedure, as well as, complies with specific departmental regulations pertaining to employees appearance.
Demonstrates an understanding of facility organizational structure by utilization of appropriate channels of communication. Maintain consistent, timely communication regarding all facets of departmental activities with his/her co-workers, therefore, demonstrating good customer service skills with both external and internal customers.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Bilingual preferred (Spanish/English).
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Dental Assistant Certificate/Diploma preferred
Radiology/X-Ray Certificate required
Coronal Polish Certificate preferred
Current CPR Certificate required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment, and risk of radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Mountain Park Health Center (MPHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to all federal and state law, MPHC prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity. MPHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.