Arizona State University
Mesa, Arizona, United States
DEPARTMENT HR COORDINATOR SR
Department HR Specialist Sr
Arizona State University
The School of Manufacturing Systems and Networks
The School of Manufacturing Systems and Networks, within the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering, is seeking to fill the position of Department Human Resources Specialist Sr. to perform professional human resource functions in a department that supports a diverse group of faculty, staff and students. We are looking for a human resource professional who knows how to anticipate service excellence, is a self-starter who naturally takes initiative and serves in a collaborative environment, has genuine communication skills using tact, discretion, and judgment, and who understands the importance of being reliable, organized, and is detail oriented. This position works both independently, with general direction, and as a part of a team delivering an extensive scope of support and assistance within the school.
If you are someone who wants a career on the beautiful Polytechnic campus and can flourish in this environment using analytical judgment while applying a keen attention to detail in completing specific human resources responsibilities, this could be the role for you.
$45,385 - $62,600 per year; DOE
· Processes a heavy volume of payroll transactions for new and existing employees which includes academic and non-academic hires, renewals, pay and FTE changes, and terminations.
· Process student hourly hires via the BrassRing system, creates position recruitment, prepares and post online hourly jobs, creates offer letters, timesheet approvals, onboarding, maintain payroll files in accordance with ASU policy.
· Performs payroll reconciliations to ensure accuracy of pay information, including position and funding changes.
· Identifies overpayments/underpayments for appropriate action and processes and approves payroll corrections.
· Assists in the hiring and processing of all faculty associates and instructional positions each semester as well as processing of faculty summer pay.
· Responsible for processing and management of academic and faculty visa applications and renewals.
· Utilizes Interfolio for recruitment of postdoc, and academic professionals. Works with hiring committee to manage and facilitate successful searches including applicant evaluation and using established guidelines and processes to completion of recruitment.
· Processes staff recruitment, hires, and onboarding.
· Utilizes DocuWare to maintain personnel and payroll files based on unit, university, state and federal guidelines.
· Monitors the mandatory training for faculty, staff, academic professionals, and graduate students.
· May supervise, train, and evaluate assigned student workers.
· Recommends or participates in the development of new procedures or review existing procedures related to payroll operation, then assist in implementing development of documentation.
· Represents the school and serves on various departmental and university committees.
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND five (5) years of related administrative experience, OR, Nine (9) years of related administrative experience, OR, Any equivalent combination of experience, and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
· Experience in human resources, including a demonstrated knowledge of human resource practices, regulations, and standards
· Experience using HRIS including PeopleSoft
· Experience using Microsoft Office and Adobe products to create spreadsheets, forms, and letters
· Experience in processing and managing H-1B, O-1, E3, and J1 visas
· Experience working in a higher education environment
· Experience using applicant tracking/hiring system Kenexa BrassRing and ASU Interfolio
· Experience in work that requires attention to detail and critical thinking skills
· Evidence on working with confidential information and demonstrating discretion
· Experience using Microsoft Office and Adobe products to create spreadsheets, forms and letters
· Experience working in a highly productive, deadline driven, and agile office environment.
· Ability to communicate, across all levels of the organization to build and sustain relationships
· Evidence of effective communication skills, including composition, grammar, spelling and proofreading skills.
· Activities are primarily performed in a regular, climate-controlled office setting subject to extended period of sitting.
· Use visual acuity and manual dexterity associated with daily use of desktop computer.
· Lift up to 20 pounds.
· Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or subject to resolution of conflicts.
· Clearly communicate to perform essential duties.
· Work both independently or within a complex structured team.
· Normally receives little or no instructions on routine work and general instructions on new assignments with review of completed tasks.
· Exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods & techniques for obtaining solutions
The Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering is the largest producer of engineering and technical talent in the nation and seeks to deliver a world-class learning experience for our students and to advance research and innovation – all at scale.
We value and emphasize inherently interdisciplinary endeavors that leverage the breadth and depth of expertise among our outstanding faculty and have built a unique place for large-scale innovation characterized by foundational excellence and translational impacts. We are an engineering school on the rise at the most innovative university in the country and in the heart of the nation’s fifth largest metropolitan area. The scale of our faculty research interests and interdisciplinary mindset, combined with more than 48 graduate degree programs and 25 undergraduate degree programs, provide the foundation for knowledge generation and collaborative opportunities to advance new ideas.
The Fulton Schools of Engineering, located across ASU’s Tempe and Polytechnic campuses, is comprised of seven schools based on academic programs and research areas. Fulton Engineering has a nationally recognized faculty that conducts research, instructs and mentors students, provides service to engineering, computing and technology professions and creates lasting impacts across local and global communities.
The Fulton Schools of Engineering follows a framework of values designed to distinguish our practice and guide daily decisions in our academic, research, corporate engagement and entrepreneurial endeavors. These values influence how we recognize, reward and communicate our achievements.
At the Fulton Schools of Engineering, we:
· Cultivate excellence.
· Deliver innovation that matters.
· Encourage bold thinking.
· Foster a community of learning and collaboration.
· Build a foundation for all to be successful.
Working at ASU has outstanding benefits that include: health, dental and vision insurance plans; ASU/UA/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; life insurance and disability programs; sick leave and holidays; state and optional retirement plans; access to ASU recreation and cultural activities, and more. To estimate the value of your total compensation, please visit https://cfo.asu.edu/compensation-estimator.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU PD at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
To view full description or to apply please click this link: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494#jobDetails=4766011_5494