Mountain Park Health Center
The Department Interpreter provides Spanish interpretation services between patients, families and the healthcare team of Mountain Park Health Center (MPHC) to ensure effective communication occurs between the health care provider and the patient and family in a respectful, culturally appropriate, and effective manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides bilingual interpretation (English and Spanish) for limited English proficient patients to ensure accurate and effective communication occurs between patients, family members, and health care team members.
- Works as part of department team and serves as primary and "float" interpreter within assigned department with various physicians, nurse practitioners, behavioral health staff, registered dieticians and other integrated staff.
- Works collaboratively with existing trained dual role medical interpreters and other staff providing language accommodation.
- Follows national standards of practice and ethics and must maintain patient/employee confidentiality at all times.
- Ensures appropriate documentation of all interpreted encounters occurs in patient's medical record
- Respects rights and dignity of each individual and handles all situations in a professional and compassionate manner.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to embrace differences among people and able to interact with internal staff as well as external contacts in a culturally competent and respectful manner.
- Promotes positive patient/guest relations in accordance with MPHC policies, providing a high level of quality in personal attention and service to patients and visitors.
- Complies with MPHC Safety Policies and Procedures. Ensures compliance with governmental licensing and regulatory requirements where applicable. Conducts annual review of and complete/suggest on-going revisions of the Policies and Procedures specific to his/her department. Maintains familiarity with and abides by all established facility and departmental policies and procedures, noting changes when they are published/posted. Conducts himself/herself in a manner consistent with the Mission Statement and Values of MPHC.
- Observes and respects the confidentiality of information in regard to patients, visitors and co-workers employees including salary information, if exposed to any of the above referenced information in the course of his/her job function.
- Dresses according to MPHCs dress code policy and procedure, as well as, complies with specific departmental regulations pertaining to employee appearance.
- Demonstrates an understanding of facility organizational structure by utilization of appropriate channels of communication. Maintain consistent, timely communication regarding all facets of departmental activities with his/her co-workers, therefore, demonstrating good customer service skills with both external and internal customers.
EDUCATIONPrefer degree in Linguistics, Spanish, or Health-related concentration
Minimum of 3 years interpreting a healthcare or clinical setting
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Completion of a medical interpreter training course that is consistent with national standards.
Documentation of up to date or recent (within two years) continuing education or updated courseworkSKILLS
The ideal candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills with sound medical vocabulary proficiency in both English and Spanish.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up toe 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and distance vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Mountain Park Health Center (MPHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to all federal and state law, MPHC prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity. MPHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.