Mountain Park Health Center
Desktop Support Specialist II-Baseline
The Desktop Support II provides first level support for users, ensures currency of information and provides installation and training services as needed for Mountain Park Health Center (MPHC).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical support to end users remotely and at desk side
- Support OS, Application, and Hardware issues
- Enter updates and resolutions into the ticketing system using clear and appropriate language
- Create tickets as necessary
- Act as escalation point for support requests
- Perform necessary account updates and other administrative functions as assigned
- Help maintain IT inventory
- Ensure that tickets are created, maintained, and resolved according to established standards and expectations
- Update department Wiki as necessary or as assigned
- Represent the IT team as a member of project teams when necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to embrace differences among people and able to interact with internal staff as well as external contacts in a culturally competent and respectful manner
- Promotes positive patient/guest relation in accordance with MPHC policies, providing a high level of quality in personal attention and service to patients and visitors.
- Complies with MPHC Safety Policies and Procedures. Ensures compliance with governmental licensing and regulatory requirements where applicable. Conducts annual review of and complete/suggest on-going revisions of the Policies and Procedures specific to his/her department. Maintains familiarity with and abide by all established facility and departmental policies and procedures, noting changes when they are published/posted. Conducts himself/herself in a manner consistent with the Mission Statement and Values of MPHC.
- Observes and respects the confidentiality of information in regard to patients, visitors and co-workers employees including salary information, if exposed to any of the above referenced information in the course of his/her job function.
- Dresses according to MPHCs dress code policy and procedure, as well as, complies with specific departmental regulations pertaining to employee appearance.
- Demonstrates an understanding of facility organizational structure by utilization of appropriate channels of communication. Maintain consistent, timely communication regarding all facets of departmental activities with his/her co-workers, therefore, demonstrating good customer service skills with both external and internal customers.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Must have A+, Network +, or Security + and/or
3 years of IT Support experience or a commensurate combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or board of directors.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Must possess the ability to manage stress as it relates to the job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Mountain Park Health Center (MPHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to all federal and state law, MPHC prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity. MPHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.