Arizona Baptist Children's Services
Development & Communications
Arizona Baptist Childrens Services & Family Ministries (ABCS) is a faith-based nonprofit that includes seven ministries with one mission: to provide hope and care to hurting children and families through Christ-centered ministries. Together, we serve the full spectrum of Arizona families, from unborn babies to seniors. To learn more about how God uses us at ABCS to impact the community please visit our website at abcs.org. You can join our mission by serving in Development & Communications in Phoenix, Arizona.
As a valued member of the development and communications team, your role provides support for the development and communications department. Requires keyboard skills; computer literacy, including the ability to use Microsoft 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel), Adobe products and the Internet; ability to learn and utilize web-based programs; data analyzing; narrative writing skills; effective written and oral communication skills; ability to operate office equipment such as printers, copiers and postage meters; ability to solve problems by thinking critically and creatively; interpersonal skills to build relationships with co-workers and leaders; good planning and organization habits; and teamwork skills that will allow for working toward common goals. May require some evening and weekend work. Manage large number of simultaneous projects in fast-paced environment.
- Must be a Christian and in agreement with the Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, Core Values and Guiding Principles of Arizona Baptist Childrens Services & Family Ministries.
- A Bachelors Degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university is preferred, but not required. One to two years of experience in non-profit development, database management or multi-channel marketing and communications (mail, email, web, video, social media) and/or related degree is desired.
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop is preferred. Other characteristics sought include the ability to work independently and as part of a team and mature personal moral values.
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Level 1 fingerprint clearance, as required by the Arizona Department of Economic Security.
- Candidates must have a valid Arizona drivers license and a dependable vehicle, a current negative TB test, clear urine drug test and clear criminal background check.
- Continued employment is dependent upon satisfactory supervisory evaluations, completion of annual requirements and maintenance of essential job functions.
Essential Job Functions
- You will work with the development and communications team to manage projects such as mailings, fundraising campaign logistics, materials inventory and event support.
- You are able to assist with and execute multi-channel marketing and communication strategy. Includes direct mail, email, brochures, video, social media and website. Manage and update website content.
- You get to work with ministry leaders to fulfill materials requests and create marketing content. Includes written content and design. Create materials using InDesign or other software.
- You manage volunteers, interns and other staff as assigned.
- You manage and maintain QuickBase donor database and generate reports.
- You are able to assist with donor recognition, including thank you letters and cards.
- You will study methods of improving work measurements, performance standards or processes.
- You will update forms and documents regularly, and posts to SharePoint.
- You will be Tracking and reporting on ministry highlight statistical information for ministries, social media and websites.
- You will analyze data from website, social media, donor database and email.
- You are there to support and implement agencys CORE Values.
- You will participate in agency meetings and events as requested.
- You are able to carry out any other duties and responsibilities as required by supervisor to perform the job.
- Pay will be determined based off of experience.
- Full-time employees with Arizona Baptist Children's Service's receive a health benefits package that contributes up to $8,500 of their total annual benefits package, including full medical, supplemental medical, short-term disability and $35,000 of life insurance at no cost.
- All employees receive seven paid holidays per year and earn paid sick leave. Full time employees will also earn ten days of paid time-off and five personal choice days per year.
- Mission Action time (allowing staff to take paid time-off to participate in mission trips, vacation bible school or other similar activities without losing any of their accrued time-off).
- Access to Employees Assistance Program through New Life Counseling.