Diocese of Tucson
Posted over 1 month ago
Loretto Catholic School
Job Title: Development Coordinator Exemption Status: Non-exempt
Department/Location: Department/Location: Loretto Catholic School/ Douglas, AZ
Primary Function: Under the direction of the Principal, the development coordinator provides administrative, technical, and organizational support for various functions including donor and alumni relationship and database / social media management and IT support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Diocese of Tucson and the Churchs spiritual and pastoral mission
- Shall abide by Catholic principles in the employees professional and private life and shall govern his/her professional and private life in strict accordance with Catholic morals and principles to demonstrate complete adherence to Catholic moral strictures.
- Maintain donor and alumni information and database integrity, including accurate and timely updates
- Process gifts and post transactions to donor database
- Produce gift acknowledgements and IRS substantiation letters
- Produce reports for donor information regarding pledge and gifts received Reconcile giving records and financial statements monthly
- Develop, maintain, and coordinate file maintenance transactions for the department
- Responsible for marketing and social media -school website and Facebook upkeep, as well as any other social media or marketing utilized by the school
- Prepare financial and other reports as required
- Perform database queries and information analysis
- Perform research to gather and verify donor and alumni information
- Respond to donor inquiries and request for information
- Effectively work with volunteers, donors, community partners and other constituents
- Research and write/oversee the writing of grants for specific projects as needed
- Assists department staff in the day-to-day operation as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Provide IT support to the school - research and train staff on use of online programs, maintain technology equipment in good running condition
Physical/Mental Requirements: Requires coordination and manual dexterity; normal mental and visual ability; ability to lift as required in a normal office environment.
Required Activities: Walking, sitting, standing, stooping, reaching, talking, handling, hearing, carrying, and keyboarding
- A working knowledge of, and a strong commitment to the mission of the Catholic Church; must also be a practicing Roman Catholic in full communion with the Church
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written; excellent human relations and interpersonal skills
- Requires excellent customer service and communication skills and great attention to detail. A pleasant, professional telephone manner is essential.
- Requires data entry skills, knowledge of office equipment and office procedures and excellent grammar and spelling.
- Exercise courtesy to fellow employees, parishioners, and the general public
- Must be a self-starter; well organized; perform multiple tasks simultaneously and work with a sense of urgency
- Maintain confidentiality of transactions; maintain and respect the privacy of donors and persons served
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment; punctuality is necessary at all times; ability to travel locally as required; weekend and overtime work may be required
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Products - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Professional bearing; clean and neat personal appearance
- Ability to successfully pass a background, criminal history, and credit history check
Education and Experience:
- At minimum, an Associate Degree from an accredited institution.
- 2 - 4 years of progressively responsible administrative experience preferably in the non-profit sector
- Proficiency with database processes,
- Experience working with donors preferred
- Demonstrated ability and experience in developing small or large groups presentations
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelors degree
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish)
- Experience working with volunteers
- Experience with special events
- Experience working with various forms of technology, particularly in education.
Covenants of Employment:
Loretto Catholic School is a Roman Catholic religious organization and that all employees are expected to respect and conduct themselves in accordance with the values, teachings and morals of the Roman Catholic Church and by Arizona state law. Under the "Zero Tolerance Policy", no one will be knowingly assigned or retained to serve in the School when that person is determined to have engaged in the abuse of a minor or to have violated boundaries in dealing with minors.