Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in Automotive News. A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
To set up pressroom equipment such as mechanical presses, progressive dies, blank dies, line dies, transfer dies, feeders and un-coilers.
- Work and dress safely (i.e. wear proper protective equipment, demonstrate safe use of all machinery and equipment, etc.)
- Adhere to all relevant company policies, procedures and instructions
- Must be familiar with and follow all required procedures required for this position.
- Install dies, ensuring that bolster and die are clean, and properly aligned.
- Calculate and adjust press shut height, cushion pin length, take lead readings and ensure first off is correct
- Load coils onto uncoiler, adjust feeder, thread coil into feeder head and ensure that steel is properly aligned with die
- Calculate and adjust knock-outs and catchers, set up part ejectors and scrap removal systems
- Make necessary die adjustments
- Operate lift trucks and overhead crane, and use hand tools and measuring instruments as required to carry out duties
- Pre-stage dies and equipment for next set up
- Ensure good housekeeping skills at all times
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in mechanical press setup, die setting and basic press maintenance
- Practical knowledge of entire operation of the press from the feeder and uncoiling equipment to first off
- Ability to safely operate all equipment required.
Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.
Lots of growth opportunity.
The companys young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.
Not just a joba great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.