Boss Truck Shop
Indianapolis, IN, United States
Diesel Technician - $2,000 Sign On Bonus
$2,000 hiring bonus for Diesel Mechanics/Technicians. Details of bonus: $500 payable at 3 months, $750 at 6 months and $750 at 12 months. Must be employed at time of payout.
Boss Truck Shops is looking for Diesel Technicians!
Pay range: $15.00 - $28.00 per hour DEQ plus $8.00/billed hour commission.
Whether you are looking to start your career as a Diesel Technician, or are an experienced industry veteran, Boss Shop has a position for you! With our wide-ranging Tech Ranking system from Tech I all the way through Tech IIIB, Boss Shops is an industry leader in full range Diesel repair!
Boss Shops has many benefits to offer you that you will not find anywhere else like:
- 4 week training program
- Vacation after six months
- 401K and matching contributions
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- A clearly defined path for growth
- On-demand pay with PayActiv (access to earned but not yet paid wages)
- And much more!
The Shop Technician is responsible for performing PM’s, tires, and minor mechanical repairs in a timely and professional manner.
- Greet customers in a prompt, friendly manner.
- Perform PM’s and oil changes.
- Grease trucks and trailers.
- Perform tire services.
- Perform basic electrical repairs.
- Perform minor repairs.
- Perform brake services.
- Perform basic HVAC repairs.
- Perform CSA/DOT inspections.
- Perform wheel end/seal services.
- Perform service calls and night call outs.
- Keep shop clean and uncluttered at all times.
- Ensure all service equipment (jacks, tools, trucks) are in good working order, clean, and properly repaired when needed.
- Sell tires and parts, ensuring profit margins are maintained and trade guidelines are followed.
- Make sure all parts, tires, etc., are put away in proper places.
- Complete work orders by providing the necessary customer information, labor performed, parts used, and any other information for warranty purposes.
- Ensure total customer satisfaction and the integrity of Bosselman.
- Practice all company safety procedures to ensure a safe environment for employees and customers.
- Adhere to all Safety Policies.
- Stay current on all LMS training.
- Providing friendly and competent customer service.
- Reporting for work in a timely manner when scheduled.
Additional Job Duties:
- Assisting in other duties, as assigned.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience (include certs or licenses needed):
- Tire Service Certified by TIA.
- Air Brake Certification.
- DOT Medical Card required at certain Boss Shops.
- Valid driver's license and be insurable to drive, preferred.
- Complete Level 4 brake training.
- Complete Level 4 wheel seal training.
- Ability to attend HVAC, Electrical and DOT training.
- Ability to get ASE, DOT, TIA and other certifications.
- Able to furnish own tools to perform work.
- Able to work weekends, holidays, and as needed.
- Must have reliable transportation and phone.
- Must be able to communicate in English. – IF APPLICABLE
- Able and willing to deliver friendly, courteous, and prompt customer service.
- Able and willing to work cooperatively with other team members.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Shop Technician II to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions, provided such accommodations do not create an undue hardship for the Company.
Apply today! Please submit your most up to date resume!
We look forward to hearing from you!