Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is seeking a Direct Care Provider to join our Community Resilience Program! This position will give you the opportunity to make an immediate and meaningful impact in the lives of our members we serve.
In this position you will be supporting members in Phoenix, Arizona at our Inpatient community with maintaining and improving their physical and mental health. This position will report to the Program Coordinator who will support you and your teams success. The work schedule will be Wednesday-Sunday 7:00 AM 3:00 PM a focus on flexibility and work-life balance.
Are you new to Direct Care or have a few years of Direct Care experience? Maybe you are a new graduate with a Psychology degree and internship experience. If so, we want to speak to you!
Our Ideal Candidate will be passionate about behavioral health and would use the below to describe their work style:
- Flexible No two days are the same!
- Caring At SB&H we pride ourselves in offering services that go above and beyond.
- Organized Timely and accurate documentation is the key to success in this position.
- Do you like to have fun? If you are a painter, we may offer art groups; if you are a hiker, we may take our members out on the many trails in our community. The sky is the limit as to what you can bring to the table to improve the lives of our members.
About the Position
The Direct Care Provider delivers 1:1 or group services in a home setting, providing support in maintaining a safe living environment, assisting with self-administration of medications, coordinating with other providers, developing socialization opportunities, and increasing connections with the community. You will be part of a phenomenal team, working with leadership that will provide you with weekly 1:1 supervision, bi-weekly team meetings, and monthly clinical oversight. Each day is a unique experience! You could spend your morning helping members keep their living environment safe and healthy and your afternoon bowling or hiking. Or it is possible that you may take members to the library in the morning and spend your afternoon teaching symptom management skills to improve quality of life. Each site offers unique programming based on the skills and passions of our Direct Care Providers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs direct service to consumers including individual, group, life skills training, behavior management, and crisis intervention.
- Develops treatment plans for consumers in conjunction with psychiatrist and/or case managers according to SBH clinical standards.
- Attend and participate in in-service training sessions and related training opportunities as made available.
- Provide assessments and crisis intervention.
- Documents services provided according to SBH standards on a daily basis. Completes all required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Will be expected to accompany, supervise and assist consumers when asked to do so.
- Plans and organizes activities.
- May need to cover evening/weekend hours and be on-call as needed.
- Assist consumers with community integration.
- Providing therapeutic interactions and activities. Skilled in the use of approved CIRT and Seclusion & Restraint techniques, including using the least restrictive interventions appropriate for the situation.
- To ensure compliance & adequate services, additional job duties may be required to meet the needs of the program and or department.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Have a high school diploma/GED and two years of behavioral health/integrated healthcare relevant work experience; OR
- An Associate's degree in an unrelated field and at least one year of full-time behavioral health / integrated healthcare relevant work experience; OR
- A related Associates degree and six months of behavioral health / integrated healthcare relevant work experience
- Have and maintain a valid Arizona drivers license and are able to pass a motor vehicle screen for insurance purposed in order to transport clients
- Level I fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire (as required per program requirements)
- 3.3 weeks of PTO your 1st year of employment, with increased accruals after continued service!
- 10 paid holidays
- Low-cost medical and vision insurance and 100% company paid dental, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance for employees
- We will help you save for retirement 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account!
- Career Development Benefit from our culture of internal promotion!
- We help you with your higher education goals Reduce your tuition costs with our tuition reimbursement program & discount degree programs!
- Employee Assistance Program, Health & Wellness and much more!
We are seeking an individual to help us fulfill SB&Hs mission, Delivering compassionate care to enhance lives and improve communities. To gain a stronger understanding of Southwest Behavioral & Health Services mission, values and services please review our website, https://www.sbhservices.org/history-mission-milestones.
- Compassion: We take an empathetic and caring approach to the well-being of one another through personal connections.
- Integrity: We do the right thing by being sincere, honest, and keeping our word under any circumstance.
- Quality: We uphold a standard of excellence that focuses on achieving successful outcomes.
- Empowerment: We champion self-determination, equity, and inclusivity in an environment where our team and community feel valued.
- Innovation: We pioneer change by encouraging team involvement and dynamic thinking that implement progressive solutions.
- Trust: We nurture a culture where each individual can express themselves by building relationships based on respect, reliability, acceptance, and honest communication.
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.