Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over seven hundred employees, and 40 years experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 40% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
We are looking to fill a Direct Care Provider to join our Payson team!
A DCP, provides screening, assessment, treatment planning, life skills, pre-vocational training, related documentation, case management, crisis intervention, individual and/or group counseling services to seriously mentally ill consumers in a residential and/or outpatient environment. Responsible for contributing to and creating a recovery based environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contributes to quality client care and effective treatment, demonstrating professional conduct in serving consumers.
- Engages in solution focused, strength based behavioral health/clinical services to consumers in accordance with company standards.
- Performs direct service to consumers including individual, group, life skills training, behavior management, and crisis intervention.
- Provides assessments and crisis intervention.
- Will be expected to accompany, supervise and assist consumers when asked to do so.
- Plans and organizes activities.
- Assists consumers with community integration.
- Develops treatment plans for consumers in conjunction with psychiatrist and/or case managers according to SBH clinical standards.
- Documents services provided, according to SBH standards on a daily basis.
- Completes all required paperwork in a timely manner.
- May be required to keep accurate account of weekly activity sheets and/or monthly logs.
- Attends and participates in in-service training sessions and related training opportunities as made available.
- Completes/attends required clinical supervisions consistently each month.
- Collaborates with clinical teams and case managers to advocate for the best interest of the consumer.
- Transports consumers as appropriate in SBH vehicle.
- Maintains expected level of productivity.
- May be required to cover evening/weekend hours and be on call as required.
- May be required to carry company cell phone and/or be on-call per programmatic needs.
- Will be required to drive personal vehicle for business needs (as required per program requirements).
- Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age
- A High School Diploma/GED and two years of relevant experience; OR
- A related Associates degree and six weeks of relevant experience; OR
- A non-related Associate's degree and one year of relevant experience; OR
- A related bachelors degree; OR
- A non-related bachelor's degree plus six months of relevant experience in behavioral health
- Knowledge of behavioral management, de-escalation methods, crisis intervention, and defusing techniques to prevent violent behavior harmful to self or others and the ability to apply these techniques to a client population in various levels of crisis. Academic & working knowledge of community resources, clinical methods and procedures and application of the same. Ability to communicate well in writing and verbally. Basic knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office. Ability to perform duties with a minimum of supervision. Ability to function as a team member. Experience working with multi-cultural and low socio-economic individuals. General knowledge & aptitude for working independently with adults of mixed ethnic groups.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) speaking preferred
- Must be eligible and/or have a valid Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Arizona Department of Public Safety (as required per program requirements)
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE