Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is seeking a Direct Care Provider to join our Residential Program in Payson! This position will give you the opportunity to make an immediate and meaningful impact in the lives of our members we serve.
In this position you will be supporting members in residential setting with maintaining and improving their physical and mental health. This position will report to the Sr. Team Lead who will support you and your teams success. The work schedule will be Friday, Saturday and Sunday 7pm-7am-36hrs We offer shift differential!
We are now offering a sign-on bonus of $1500 upon hire. Eligible for $1,000 after your first 30 days and $500 eligible to be received after 6months.
Are you new to Direct Care or have a few years of Direct Care experience? Maybe you are a new graduate with a Psychology degree and internship experience. If so, we want to speak to you!
Our Ideal Candidate will be passionate about behavioral health and would use the below to describe their work style:
- Flexible No two days are the same!
- Caring At SB&H we pride ourselves in offering services that go above and beyond.
- Organized Timely and accurate documentation is the key to success in this position.
- Do you like to have fun? If you are a painter, we may offer art groups; if you are a hiker, we may take our members out on the many trails in our community. The sky is the limit as to what you can bring to the table to improve the lives of our members.
About the Position
The Direct Care Provider delivers 1:1 or group services in a home setting, providing support in maintaining a safe living environment, assisting with self-administration of medications, coordinating with other providers, developing socialization opportunities, and increasing connections with the community. You will be part of a phenomenal team, working with leadership that will provide you with weekly 1:1 supervision, bi-weekly team meetings, and monthly clinical oversight. Each day is a unique experience! You could spend your morning helping members keep their living environment safe and healthy and your afternoon bowling or hiking. Or it is possible that you may take members to the library in the morning and spend your afternoon teaching symptom management skills to improve quality of life. Each site offers unique programming based on the skills and passions of our Direct Care Providers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides assessments and crisis intervention.
- Develops treatment plans for consumers in conjunction with psychiatrist and/or case managers according to SB&H clinical standards.
- Delivers services per the treatment plan.
- Maintain accurate account of weekly activity and monthly service logs.
- Attends and participates in-service training sessions and related training opportunities as made available.
- Completes/attends required clinical supervisions consistently each month.
- Collaborates with clinical teams and case managers to advocate for the best interest of the consumer.
- Transports members as appropriate in SB&H vehicle.
- May be required to drive personal vehicle for business needs (as required per program requirements)
- Must be at least 22 years of age
- Have a high school diploma/GED and at least 6months of full time behavioral health/integrated healthcare work experience; OR
- Has a high school diploma or GED and completes SBH apprenticeship program which includes 240 hours on site shadowing and training. OR
- Has a Master's, Bachelor's or Associate's degree in an unrelated field and at least 6months of full-time behavioral health / integrated healthcare work experience; OR
- A related Master's, Bachelor's or Associates degree in a field related to behavioral health / integrated healthcare.
- Have and maintain a valid Arizona drivers license and are able to pass a motor vehicle screen for insurance purposed in order to transport clients
- Fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire (as required per program requirements)
Southwest Behavioral and Health Services offer full time employees low-cost medical insurance and 100% company paid dental, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance for employees. 3.3 weeks of PTO your 1st year of employment, with increased accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service and 10 paid holidays. We will help you save for retirement 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account. We help you with your higher education goals Reduce your tuition costs with our tuition reimbursement program & discount degree programs. Employee Assistance Program, Health & Wellness and much more!
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years experience.
To learn about Southwest Behavioral & Health Services mission, values and services please review our website at https://www.sbhservices.org/
- Mission: Delivering Compassionate Care to Enhance Lives and Improve Communities
- Values: Compassion, Integrity, Quality, Empowerment, Innovation and Trust
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.