This critical position leads, directs and provides oversight for all activities, operations and functions of Property Management
and Lease Administration for the entire BBI portfolio and ensures restaurants follow BBI standards, lease requirements and other third-party documents or requirements. Partners with cross functional teams to determine risks and opportunities and to align on common goals. The ideal candidate would thrive in a fast-paced environment while working collaboratively within and leading a team. Must possess high-level leadership and project management skills while maintaining their subject matter expertise in the areas of lease audit, portfolio management and financial acumen.
This role is based in our Tampa Restaurant Support Center, and candidates should be local to the Tampa Bay area, or willing to relocate within 60 days.
* Management of Lease Administration team and Property Management Administration
* Interpret complex lease language relating to CAM audit rights and formulate compelling arguments advancing BBIs right to make payment recoveries to meet annual financial savings targets
* Ensure BBI Rent compliance in accordance with internal audit controls
* Management of Lucernex Database, including maintaining compliance with all internal audit controls
* Establishing and maintaining processes to ensure accurate data and reporting standards are met and maintaining support standards for finance, lease accounting and analytics to support BBI strategies and goals
* Develop robust metrics and reporting tools to set guidelines and minimize risk and exposure
* Negotiate and document real estate related settlement agreements
* Disposition Management
* Sublease, Third Party and Association Management
* Management of all Estoppels and SNDAs in compliance with established BBI processes
* Provide research/information on lease interpretation, including rent and property issues, key dates, construction requirements, co-tenancy, and other related lease provisions
* Involvement in property management maintenance and facilities issues
* Handle Lease Accounting and Finance inquiries
* Provide general support for training and development initiatives for Real Estate, Lease Accounting, and Finance
* Bachelor's degree in Real Estate, Accounting, Finance or equivalent required.
* 10+ years experience in Commercial Real Estate Industry, Property Management and Lease Administration required, preferably in an organization with a large, multi-jurisdictional real estate portfolio with managerial responsibility for a minimum of 10 teammates
* High level of technical skill and proficiency with managing portfolio administration software such as Lucernex as well as proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Excel, Outlook, word and PowerPoint)
* In depth knowledge of all Real Estate Functions, including accounting systems, and accounting treatments of real estate related scenarios.
* Must be intuitive to appropriately assess and analyze risk, with strong problem solving and analytical skills to develop action plans to mitigate adverse impact to BBI
* Ability to independently examine/interpret Real Estate Contracts and Leases and strong attention to detail
* Experience with SAP preferred
* Strong written and oral communication skills including presentations to executive leadership, employee groups and restaurants
* Ability to successfully multi-task, meet deadlines and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
* Strong time management skills and ability to work independently and self-manage
* Self- starter with high degree of initiative, urgency, follow-through, and ability to adapt and interact professionally with all levels of management