Community College of Denver
Director, Nursing Education Program
Title: Director, Nursing Education Program
Department: Center for Health and Natural Sciences
Community College of Denver is seeking individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and work environment. CCD values the ability to work effectively with students, families, faculty, instructors and staff of diverse backgrounds.
From clinic to classroom, the Community College of Denver (CCD) is seeking an ambitious Registered Nurse to lead the Nursing Education Program!
CCD's nursing programs are designed to create competent, ethical, and confident health care practitioners in an innovative, inclusive, and supportive learning environment. The Director of Nursing Education Program (DNEP) at CCD functions within the mission, philosophy, and procedures of the college, the policies of the Colorado Community College System and standards of the State board of nursing. The Director of Nursing plans, organizes, and supervises CCD’s Nursing Programs.
This is an administrative position with teaching responsibilities. The Director holds a 12-month contract with teaching responsibilities not to exceed 40% of the workload. This position is full time and will be eligible for all benefits associated with a full time, 12-month positions.
- Direct recruiting, selection, development, and evaluation of full-time and part-time Nursing Faculty.
· Assure that student concerns related to faculty, department, and program are managed appropriately.
· Establish and maintain clinical sites for the PN program in collaboration with the clinical coordinator.
· Participate in the budget planning process for and administering the Nursing Education Budget.
- Schedule and conduct regular, meaningful Nursing Programs Advisory Board and Departmental meetings and assure active participation.
· Develop and maintain ongoing relationships within the community, including fostering the Nursing Education Program’s responsiveness to community/employer needs.
· Oversee the admission process to the PN program.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of supplies and equipment, and assure departmental facilities, instructional equipment, and supplies are up to date and adequate for Nursing Programs.
- Direct, perform, ensure, and document all activities required and or suggested by external accreditation bodies and appropriate licensing boards/agencies.
- Lead the Chair of the Nurse Aide Program, and provide needed support.
- Provide effective and high quality instruction and ensure that the program’s student learning outcomes are met and are aligned with CCD’s Mission and Strategic Plan and the Nursing Program’s mission.
Education: Master of Science Degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university.
· Must have unencumbered, current Colorado Registered Nurse license.
· Must have a current CTE credential or the ability to obtain one. For information on how to obtain a CTE credential, please visit this site: https://www.cde.state.co.us/cdeprof/licensure_cteapp.
· Two (2) years of full-time, or equivalent, clinical experience as a practicing registered nurse.
· Two (2) years of full time, or equivalent, experience in teaching in an approved Nursing Education Program at a PN level or higher. K
- Demonstrated leadership, management, and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to work with people from varied backgrounds and situations, and is sensitive to individual differences.
- Ability to direct and facilitate the planning, development, and administration of nursing education programs, enrollment management, and assessment of student learning.
- Knowledge of nursing simulation best practices and student services.
This position is open until filled.
We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted by the Dean, Center for Health and Natural Services. We are actively interviewing, apply today!
If you are interested in sharing our passion for student success, CCD offers generous medical, dental, vision, life, and retirement options. We also offer the opportunity to expand your education, and those of your dependents, through our tuition reimbursement program.
For a complete review of the benefits we offer, please click on the following link:
Interested applicants must submit a complete application packet at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/ccd which includes:
1. Electronic Application, Click ‘New Resume’ at the bottom of this page
2. Cover Letter
4. References - Names, phone numbers, addresses, & email addresses of three professional references
5. Copies of transcripts, unofficial preferred
6. Copies of appropriate credentials, if applicable
***Your resume should clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications. Those applicants that do not meet the minimum qualifications will not be considered. Part-time experience is ½ the equivalent of full-time experience. Example: Four (4) years applicable part-time experience equals 2 years full-time equivalency.
CCD is a Learning College where policies, programs and practices support learning as the major priority. The Community College of Denver is an Equal Employment Opportunity Educational Employer.
Background checks will be conducted on all finalists for employment consideration.
CCD recognizes that administration, faculty, instructors, and staff reflect the diversity of its students and community and prohibits employment and student discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For information regarding Community College of Denver Security, including crime statistics for the campus and surrounding area, please see the CCD Campus Security website under “student’s right to know”: CCD.edu/Safety. For a hard copy report please contact 303-352-3042.