Community College of Allegheny County
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Director of Facilities (Reg FT)
Director of Facilities (Reg FT)
Position Title: Director of Facilities (Reg FT)
Department: Physical Plant Admin
Campus: College Wide
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than February 24, 2023. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 6021, 6022
Job Open Date: 2/10/2023
Job Close Date:
General Summary: Working closely with the region presidents and executive directors of business & administration, the position has college-wide responsibilities in administering physical plant operations, including small projects and the maintenance, repair, alteration, and operation of campus buildings to provide a clean, safe and comfortable work environment for students, faculty and staff.
Requirements: Associate's degree in a related field and a minimum of four years' experience; ten years of significant and relevant work experience may substitute. Must have training in one of the trades (i.e. HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, etc.). HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry and mechanical system experience and knowledge, strong communication, organizational, leadership and decision-making skills. Prior supervisory experience. Ability to prioritize. Working knowledge of cleaning methods/products, ADA, computer operations, local codes, regulations and ordinances. Requires good judgment, patience and decisiveness.
1. Directs the operation, maintenance and safeguarding of facilities, utilities, and buildings across the college community.
2. Directs and supervises maintenance and housekeeping staff, including prioritizing projects and preparation of schedules.
3. Assists Facilities Management in planning, coordinating and supervising the performance phase of construction,
capital improvements and maintenance repair projects.
4. Serves as a college-wide expert in a trade (i.e. HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, etc) and leads related projects accordingly.
5. Works with the Executive Directors for Administration to prepare and administer the physical plant operations budget.
6. Maintains and operates physical plant software programs, including, but not limited to, preventative maintenance, energy management, and facilities assessment.
7. Recruits maintenance personnel consistent with proper hiring practices and union agreements. Provide staff training as needed.
8. Monitors performance of contractors that are providing services to the college. [Note: Evaluation of contractors should be done by central facilities.]
9. Prepares sketches, cost estimates and descriptions for general in-house repairs or renovation projects; reads and interprets blueprints, engineering/architectural drawings and schematics.
10. Works with safety/security supervisors to plan, implement, monitor and enforce fire, safety and security regulations in compliance with applicable codes, regulations, laws and ordinances.
11. Maintains records and keeps current required permits, component warrantees, licenses and building guarantees and bonds as required.
12. Initiates, updates and distributes status reports relating to the physical plant activities, goals and accomplishments.
13. Monitors utility consumption and ensures efficient use of utilities.
14. Serves on campus and college committees as needed.
15. Reviews and approves materials to be purchased.
16. Develops specifications for the purchase of services.
17. Makes recommendations for college-wide general repairs to the Region Presidents and Executive Directors of Business and Administration.
18. Performs other duties as required or as assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.
Vaccination: Effective November 1, 2021, as a condition of employment, all new employees of Community College of Allegheny County must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of their vaccination or have received an approved exemption to be an employee. Prospective employees who are offered a position can request an exemption from this vaccine requirement for religious or documented medical reasons. Exemption requests will be reviewed for approval on a case-by-case basis by the Office of Human Resources.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://apptrkr.com/4138889
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.