Centers Health Care
West Deptford, NJ
Director of Guest Service / Recreation
Director of Guest Service/Recreation
Deptford Center is actively looking to hire a Director of Guest Service/Recreation for our Skilled Nursing Facility in Deptford, New Jersey.
The Director of Guest Service/Recreation plans individual and group recreation services, both therapeutic and general, supervises recreation assistants and volunteers. The Director of Guest Service/Recreation will be responsible for developing, implementing, and supervising a full scope of recreation services in the nursing home to stimulate customers to have fuller and richer lives.
- Responsible for developing, implementing & supervising all recreational services.
- Responsible for maintaining and developing the recreational budget.
- Plans for individual and group recreation services, both therapeutic and general.
- Responsible for creating exciting & therapeutic recreation programs.
- Directly supervises all recreation assistants and volunteers.
- Responsible for all necessary documentation.
- Provide and monitor individual guidance and motivation to employees.
- Member of the interdisciplinary & management teams.
- Plans a monthly resident council meeting (and any other resident committees such as food committee) and is the staff liaison for the resident council president and other resident executive committee members.
- Takes minutes of meetings and ensures that all resident concerns are addressed.
- Coordinates community grassroots programming and serves as facility representative at local events.
- Responsible for maintaining a bi-monthly newsletter and maintaining facility social media program (Facebook).
- Implement activities programs for Residents; focus on individual interests
- Work directly with Residents on units; without direct supervision
- Organize and obtain supplies and equipment as requested
- Assist recreation specialists & set up program areas as needed
- Keep daily attendance and document residents participation in activities
- Assist residents to program location and return residents to appropriate units
- Be familiar with established emergency procedures
- A minimum of two-years within the last five-years working full-time in Recreation, or CTRS, or ADC, or OT, or OTA, or completion of a state-approved activities education program
- Previous Recreation Director or managerial experience, with a proven record of excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Recreation clinical documentation
- Knowledge of Resident Rights
- Knowledge of Person-Centered Care
- Knowledge of Gerontology and related areas (aging, dementia, etc.,)
- Strong computer skills necessary
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Highly organized, ability to plan and multi-task
Deptford Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is a 240-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in Deptford, New Jersey. Our size enables a warm, nurturing environment, which allows each resident to maintain his or her individuality. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, by maintaining each residents dignity and independence. We offer a friendly working environment, excellent compensation, great benefits package, professional growth & stability, innovative training programs and more. Deptford Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care Consortium.