South Peninsula Hospital
DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Work Hours: 8-5
South Peninsula Hospital is seeking an energetic Human Resources professional to lead the department. Reporting to the CEO and serving as a member of the senior leadership team, the Director of Human Resources is responsible for assessing, planning and delivering human resource management services for a non-profit health system.
As a strategic leader, the Director of Human Resources operates with independence to ensure legal compliance, objectivity and fairness in employee matters while aligning with the organization's mission, vision and values. This position exercises prudent decision making, diplomacy, initiative, sound judgment, and creative problem solving in a multitude of situations. The Director is responsible for the areas of employee benefits, recruiting, employee relations, labor negotiations, succession planning, talent management performance management, training, human resources information systems, total compensation administration, and position classification oversight.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, Organizational Management or a related field. A Masters Degree is preferred.
- Eight years of professional experience in the field of human resources, personnel administration, labor relations, or industrial relations is required, of which at least two years must be at the management level with responsibility for leading, supervising, or directing others in work performance.
- Must have ability and skill to operate in a personal computer environment using the Microsoft Office Suite.
Extensive experience providing Director level HR guidance in a licensed healthcare environment, preferably in hospital or clinic setting with demonstrated strategic workforce management experience preferred.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Implementing the vision, mission, values, expectations and goals of a high functioning human resources department focused on:
- Creating trust and working collaboratively in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment
- Expertise in human resources best practices, employee benefits and employment law
- Knowledge of state and federal laws and rules governing healthcare services as necessary
- Managing and organizing complex, multiphase processes and projects
- Designing, coordinating, and ensuring staff selection process that results in hiring highly qualified staff
- Developing and applying strategic plans, and employing data-driven analyses and decision-making
- Participating as a team member while also exhibiting strong leadership skills
- Analyzing problems, identifying alternative solutions, projecting consequences of proposed actions and implementing recommendations in support of strategic plan
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION AND THE COMMUNITY
Come join the team at South Peninsula Hospital and work where you play.
- South Peninsula Hospital is a combined 22 bed Acute care hospital and 28 bed long term care facility located in Homer which is at the southern end of the Kenai Peninsula in South-Central Alaska. Homer is a beautiful coastal community best known for its arts and fishing community. Homer residents enjoy year-round outdoor recreational opportunities including fishing, hiking, skiing, kayaking, hunting, snow machining, biking and birding and also boasts an exceptional school district.