Director of Chemical Manufacturing and Product Innovation
- Lead Formulation laboratory and chemists with process improvement, modifications and development of products. Manage multiple projects ensuring alignment of goals and deliverables in cross-functional teams.
- Responsible for Atlanta chemical production plant, personnel, scheduling, emissions reports, and quality control. Manage order approval and product fulfillment teams.
- Lead a team of chemists and engineers to develop a strategic national pipeline of chemical and equipment solutions.
- Develop and Maintain formulation Protocols. Maintain MRP system and system formulations cost data and models. Ensure the pipeline is comprised of balanced (short-long term, incremental-disruptive, internal-external) opportunities.
- Expand and Improve existing product line, managing cost and raw materials in accordance with changes to raw material costs and regulatory requirements local as well as federal.
- Test to ensure quality, productivity and effectiveness of a product. Partner with branch and dealer networks to ensure quality control and enhance belief in company products. Troubleshoot and solve quality control issues impacting dealer and branch operations. Ensure compliance with internal and external requirements for designed, blended and manufactured products.
- Review and bill costs associated with dealer EPA regulation directly to dealers markets.
- Arrange UN testing of packaging and quality control of packaging manufactured by assortment of vendors.
- Primary R&D strategic link with National Strategic Marketing on the pipeline. Lead the pipeline to market from proof of principle through manufacturing scale up and stabilization phases. Involved in product launch and product label and packaging creation.
- Great analytical and critical thinking skills with strong understanding of chemistry principles and its applications.
- Complete projects in accordance to the Companys needs and timelines.
- Will organize, write, develop policies, procedures and protocols for product lines, testing procedures, etc.
- Participate in testing of materials in-bound and out-bound for compliance with specifications.
- Assist in off-site auditing of dealer manufacturing facilities, formulations, and quality control.
- Knowledge of Patent and Trademark processes and enforcement
- Very strong communication (oral and Written), presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and organizational skills.
- Any other duty, responsibility or task as assigned by supervisor.
- Ensure the smooth transition of new formulations developed by R&D scientists/chemists from laboratory to pilot plant to full commercial launching in a timely manner.
- Liaison and work with Customer Service Group to provide technical support for North American customers and perform root-cause analysis and other problem-solving activities to identify effective corrective actions and process improvements.
- Liaison with Manufacturing Group and coordinate with internal R&D scientists to provide trouble-shooting solutions for existing product manufacturing.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in Research & Development in a highly regulated industry
- Proven record of leading diverse cross-functional teams in highly matrixed/complex environments and a track record in developing capabilities along new trajectories for an organization to be successful in the future
- Strong technical background, with deep expertise in one or more of the following areas: chemistry, biology, medicine, biochemistry, materials science, chemical engineering, formulated chemistry design, mechanical engineering, and/or process development
- Demonstrated experience in strategic pipeline development
- Differentiated track record in people development and creating a strong pipeline of talent to lead the strength of this platform for the future
- Travel: 10-15% domestic
- 8 years managerial experience in the area of product design, development or technology development and/or transfer
- Significant proven personnel management experience, 7-10 years preferred
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexibility to adapt to varying situations to attain goals and meet deadlines.
- Perform other duties and tasks as requested by management.
- Minimum of Masters Degree in Engineering/Science degree in technical field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Experience in Project Management
- Demonstrated experience in accelerating innovation
- Compliance to all relevant HID Global policies and procedures related to Quality, Security, Safety, Business Continuity, and Environmental systems.
- Travel and fieldwork, including international travel may be required. Therefore, employee must possess, or be able to acquire a valid passport.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which you are hired.
- Employee works primarily in an office and lab environment, within a well ventilated area, and is exposed to moderate noise levels.
- Employee will be exposed to manufacturing facilities in corporate manufacturing and dealer facilities.
- May be exposed and/or work with chemicals as listed in our MSDS book.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Employee Savings Plan
- Paid time off
- Company Cell Phone
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read and interpret technical journals, specifications, international technical standards, etc.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Familiar with operating systems, such as Windows, etc.
- Experience with MRP system.
Auto-Chlor System is more than just a company to work for, its a family. We are excited to give you a glimpse into what life and our family is like at Auto-Chlor System! Throughout our 80 year history, Auto-Chlor System has stood on two pillars: Leadership and people. We strive to have a company culture that focuses on our company objectives of People First, High Quality Service ("HQS"), Growth and Expansion. High Quality Service is what we consider to be servant leadership to our people and our customers.
People First means communicating to connect with each other, promoting from within, recognizing efforts and results, having a safety focus to protect our teams, customers and our communities, and a positive work-life balance. At the end of the day, we want to be a good place for people to work and grow. We want to provide opportunities for people to reach their highest potential with good wages and benefits to allow each team member a wholesome lifestyle for themselves and their families.
No matter if you are a potential candidate or just viewing our page, we hope you will share the excitement and results of our People First culture.
Lets have some fun together!