Director of Market Intelligence and Strategy
Job Description SummaryAs a Director of Market Intelligence and Strategy, you will be part of Taylor Morrisons local leadership team responsible for providing strategic direction for the Division. You will be at the forefront of informing how the Division competes on price and pace in both existing communities and future land opportunities through sound data research on consumer preferences to drive Division decisions on community design, product development, home specifications, and marketing communications. Cross-functionally architecting strategies that uniquely position and differentiate Taylor Morrisons products and brand.
We trust that as a Director of Market Intelligence & Strategy you will: (responsibilities)
- Evaluation and Recommendations on existing Community Positioning
- Propose price and/or product changes, with consideration to the impact on margin, based on monthly completion and assessment of CMAs (Competitive Market Assessment) for each active and grand opening community to ensure strategic and financial soundness and alignment for any recommendations
- Propose positioning changes derived from market analysis with Division President and Ops team
- Monthly completion and assessment of resale data for each MSA and community to help inform pricing adjustments and recommendations
- Regular field time - Keep a pulse on the market by shopping competition (foster relationships both internally and externally to collect frontline intel on market shifts/rumblings, consumer preferences, specification levels). This can range from troubleshooting problematic communities, or collecting drivers of success to replicate
- Evaluation and recommendations on future Community Positioning
- Consumer Group wants/needs identified through Focus Groups
- Fieldwork- site and competitive evaluations
- Oversight of CMA completion and discussion with Division President and Ops team
- Community design, floor plans, specifications, that culminate in Pace and Price forecasts
- Resale analysis completion and discussion with Division President and Ops team
- Portfolio Investment Committee (PIC) submittal reports. Creating the business case of what the benefits are purchasing this property and who are the customers
- Review of competitor land closings and anticipated positioning and communicate as appropriate
- New Product - Provide product gap analysis and programming guide and experience-based design development insight and suggestions through charrette process
- Strategic Plan Development and Evaluations: Identifying Consumer Group and Submarket Opportunities
- Own the annual Strategic Plan
- Drive the Ops team to collaborate on a cohesive set of strategic objectives and operational roadmap to achieving those goals
- Primary author or owner of the Corporate Workbook and Strategic Plan presentation
- Source data and create output (charts, graphs, maps) to easily communicate massive amount of data
- Assess the key components of Macro Market data and communicate implications
- Assess Consumer Group, submarket, and competitive lot supply sizes and changes to identify opportunities and propose solutions through collaboration with Land team and Division President (Opportunity Matrix)
- Communicate key findings in written (PowerPoint) and verbal form
- Collaborate with Division Presidents with the Final Strategic Plan Presentation
- Manage, motivate and develop Market Intelligence & Strategy staff
- Communicate and/or develop best practices locally with Division and nationally with Market Intelligence & Strategy counterparts
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to guide operational strategy
- Demonstrate a key interest and capability in related disciplines such as Sales, Finance, and Land, in order to "connect the dots" operationally between MI&S and other disciplines to grow both the business and career
- Perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Creative/Innovative and foresight
- Strategic and business acumen to see "Big-Picture"
- Critical Thinking
- Detail Oriented
- Passionate and self-motivated. Have the ability to pave your own road each day.
- Persistence and reliance to pivot and be proactive to the needs of the market and business.
- Sense of Urgency
- 6+ years of experience in site selection, competitive assessments and/or market evaluations in homebuilding or similar industry
- Qualitative and quantitative research skills in sourcing data to include leading focus groups, compiling data into logical charts, graphs, tables, and written form
- System software experience with SPSS, CVENT, or other tools
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with housing database tools such as Zonda, Metro Study, or Hanley Wood
- Local Market knowledge preferred
- Highly proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Statistical analysis preferred
- Understanding of Financial Statements preferred
- MBA or equivalent industry experience preferred
FLSA Status: Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- Office or non-manual work, which is directly related to management or general business operations
- Act as a primary component of which involves the exercise of independent judgment and discretion about matters of significance
- Interviewing, selecting, and training employees
- Setting rates of pay and hours of work;
- Appraising productivity; handling employee grievances or complaints, or disciplining employees;
- Determining work techniques;
- Planning the work;
- Apportioning work among employees;
- Determining the types of equipment to be used in performing work, or materials needed;
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to oversee direct reports daily and provide guidance as needed
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and upper management
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle if applicable
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.