Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Director of Psychiatric Nursing (DON)
We're looking for a proven leader experienced in psychiatric nursing. Your leadership, vision, experience and skills will provide clinical and administrative supervision to the nursing staff at our outpatient clinics for adults with serious mental illness. Youll function as part of the leadership team at each of our sitesworking with clinical directors and lead nurses. This position will provide nursing support, consultation on member issues, and other support as needed. Youll also be part of a continuous quality improvement process, focusing on system and process improvement. All while ensuring that programs and nursing staff operate consistently, ethically, and within the mission and values of Southwest Network.
A complete job description is available upon request.
Education, Certification, and Experience Requirements
- Bachelors of Science in nursing from an accredited program required; mater's degree in health administration, behavioral health related field preferred.
- Current R.N. license issued by the Arizona Board if Nursing required.
- Minimum one (1) year prior psychiatric/behavioral health experience with seriously mentally ill adults required.
- Minimum five (5) years leadership experience required.
- Must maintain a valid Arizona state fingerprint clearance card.
- Must have and maintain a valid Arizona driver's license.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
Knowledge, Ability, and Skills
- Requires a superior working knowledge of primary healthcare services delivery.
- Must be flexible with scheduling and willing to travel to different sites in order to train multiple topics relating to the needs of individual sites and staff members.
- Must be able to effectively train and supervise staff utilization sound development techniques and analyze operations and implement improvements specifically to systematize ad/or recommend areas for training.
- Knowledge of community based behavioral health services preferred.
- Must demonstrate solid decision making and effective problem-solving abilities.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to utilize multiple types of office equipment (i.e. phones, copier, fax, etc.)
- Ability to type 25 to 40 WPM is preferred, with proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite.
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS
- This position is offered at a fair, competitive salary.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Health Savings and Flex Spending account options
- Paid sick, vacation, and holiday time (10 paid holidays per year)
- Continuing Medical Education reimbursement
- Retirement plan (403b) with company match
- Disability insurance
- Basic life insurance with the option to purchase supplemental insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
When you consider everythingthe salary, the benefits, the ongoing training and support we offer, and the impact youll have on the lives of othersit could be the right opportunity for you.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon verification of education, employment, driving record and auto insurance, and completion of a criminal background check and drug testing.
Southwest Network is an equal opportunity employer.
ABOUT SOUTHWEST NETWORK
Southwest Network provides integrated behavioral and physical health services, caring for both the mind and body for whole health and wellness. We provide treatment programs for seriously mentally ill adults; children and adolescents with complex emotional and behavioral needs; and adults with general mental health needs. We are committed to their recovery, and we work together to offer hope, support individual goals, encourage self-sufficiency, and change lives. We do whatever is needed for the individuals and families we serve.
We truly understand how important our employees are to those they care for, and how critical they are to our mission. We value our employees, and we will look after as many of your professional and personal needs as we can and make sure your work environment is productive, yet pleasant and informal. We are committed to offering you opportunities for personal and career growth, and we value and reward innovation, collaboration, dedication, and strength.