Silver Spring, MD
Director - Organizational Development and Learning
Establishes the company's management & leadership development philosophy and strategies. Oversees the Training and Development team and ensures smooth delivery, continuous improvements of each training. Works closely with senior management teams across the bank to identify and anticipate learning needs of the front-line and senior level leaders. Leads, designs and implements leadership development programs for continuous growth and succession planning. Enables change management efforts and organizational planning at the company level to position our company's sustainable future growth. Consistently assesses and measures training and development programs to ensure they are relevant to the needs of the changing business.
- Oversee the Training and Development team.
- Leads, designs and implements leadership development programs.
- Advises leadership team on development planning for high-potential employees.
- Conducts leadership development needs analyses to evaluate current skills against bank objectives, and develop programs to close gaps.
- Enables change management efforts and organizational planning.
- Coaches the business on how to develop, grow and retain current and future leaders.
- Consistently assesses and measures training and development programs.
- Coaches the business on how to recruit, develop, grow and retain current and future leaders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledgeable and a proven track record of implementing best practices in the field.
- Knowledgeable of adult learning theory and evidence of using it to develop innovative development solutions; must be proficient in action learning.
- Ability to provide training, as required.
- Working knowledge of MS Office; proficient in PowerPoint.
- Local travel, as required.
- The ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
- Highly motivated, self-driven individual who can think strategically, operate independently and take accountability for the function.
- Ability to motivate, influence and collaborate with others both internally and externally.
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and prioritize your focus on most impactful activities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills when interacting with internal and external clients.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- The ability to effectively manage others.
- Experienced in and passionate about management & leadership development.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Management, or Organizational Development required.
- At least six (6) years of related training experience required.
- Demonstrable track record of implementing and delivering results through an enterprise management & leadership development program.
- Practical experience managing talent and leadership review processes.
- Demonstrated track record of aligning learning strategies and programs to business strategy and realizing measurable business impact.
- Certifications in best-in-class programs, tools, and instruments preferred.