Minnesota Bank & Trust
Director Small Business Banking
Minnesota Bank & Trust growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
The Director Small Business Banking has responsibilities for overall strategic, tactical, and P&L management of the existing small business product line down to the contribution margin level. The position will also lead the function in deriving new product constructs, determining potential partnerships to enable the delivery, developing the requirements for technical builds, and overseeing the execution of each new product launch. The Director Small Business Banking will provide oversight and direction for member banks to effectively advise and guide small business clients. This position will also provide the oversight to ensure member banks have comprehensive financial solutions for small business clients and is empowered to deliver the full spectrum of business and personal financial solutions to meet the clients needs.
- P&L management of Small Business products and services:
- Develops ambitious, strategic, and annual operating plans for all products offered to Small Business owners.
- Development & Ownership of product unit economics.
- Develops appropriate volume growth targets and alignment of these targets across the enterprise with the various groups accountable for achieving them.
- Works closely with Finance and Small Business Leadership to establish contribution margin goals by loan product to align with Opportunity Funds sustainability and fundraising goals.
- Develops credit product features and non-credit products and services that positively impact Small Businesses.
- Product and Pricing Strategy:
- Defines product strategy for small business products.
- Specifies market requirements for current and future product initiatives, informed by market insights drawn from customer portfolio analysis and research; competitive analysis; compliance and risk management requirements; and other relevant sources.
- Ensures appropriate product/market fit of credit products.
- Develops, coordinates, and drives execution of effective product enhancement roadmaps.
- Develops appropriate business cases for any new product initiatives.
- Develops expertise about loan loss reserve programs and how they can impact product feasibility.
- Stays abreast of market trends and landscape to ensure products are on pace with customer and market needs.
- Develops products that support the evolution of Heartlands business model.
- In conjunction with Credit/Risk, translates the overall product pricing strategy into a loan pricing framework that considers the interplay between origination fees, interest rate, term and payment amount and loan size relative to credit risk.
- Works closely with Finance to ensure pricing matches with capital strategy and execution.
- Marketing and Distribution:
- In close coordination with Sales and Marketing, supports effective strategies and tactics to promote small business products to the target market.
- Works closely with Sales to coordinate effective distribution and "go to market" strategies and tactics across a variety of channels.
- Identifies and evaluates potential partnerships where products can deliver the desired impact and unit economics.
- End-to-end ownership of customer experience and success for credit products:
- Defines and coordinates execution of strategies to grow customer base.
- Customer impact - leverages teams to help define and ensure implementation of impact KPIs to measure and enhance impact of credit products on customer outcomes at a portfolio level.
- Defines and coordinates execution of strategies and tactics to improve customer retention rates.
- Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it relates to the job function.
- Works with member bank staff on individual professional development and career development opportunities.
- Facilitates team members in creating individual goals and development plans that align with the department goals.
- Provides information and on-going feedback to staff regarding expectations and performance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This job has no management responsibilities
- Bachelors Business Administration/Management required or
- Masters preferred
- 10+ years experience in Small Business Banking required
- 5-7 years managerial experience required
- Ability to sell effectively to prospects and clients
- Ability to read and analyze financial statements and tax returns
- Sound credit skills necessary to evaluate loan requests
- Excellent understanding of Cash Management, Merchant Service, Trade Services products offered to Business Banking customers and ability to identify sales opportunities for those product sets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Effective interpersonal skills for interacting effectively with a diverse clientele and the small business community
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
At Minnesota Bank & Trust, we are committed to attracting, retaining and empowering talented professionals who aim to be a part of our thriving team and cultivate our diverse workforce. We recognize and value the importance of providing a positive and professional work environment. We are a diverse and inclusive workplace creating an environment where work feels like a second home.
Our Leaders are actively engaged with our employees. Our commitment to our employees is supported by a leadership team that is dedicated to help you grow your career as far as you would like to take it. We work closely with our employees to strategize individual professional development plans, performance goals and professional development opportunities. In addition to a competitive benefits package that includes a health and retirement plans; we also offer tuition reimbursement, student debt assistance, pet insurance and much more!
As a team, we strive to make significant impacts in our communities. We contribute to serve locally! We love our neighbors and our track record shows it. Since 2019, our employees volunteered over 520 hours to 39 local organizations, and Minnesota Bank & Trust has contributed more than $225,000 in sponsorships and donations. To help give back to our community, each employee is provided volunteer hours with a non-profit organization of their choice. We understand the importance of having a strong community and our role in contributing to the communities we serve. We know how important is it to give back and we do our part with pride!
Our employees are what drives our banks success and longevity. We strive build the best team possible to live our mission statement every day. We are enriching lives one customer, employee and community at a time.EOE/AA Employer M/F/Disabled/VetMember FDIC Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will