Steward Health Care System
Needham Heights, MA
Director, Technology Operations
Steward Health Care Network (SHCN) takes pride in its community-based care model, which drives value-added tools and services to our communities, patients, physicians, and hospitals across the continuum of care. In addition, Steward Health Care Network promotes care coordination and collaboration within the network in order to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients. With Steward in the community, all residents can be sure that there is a world-class doctor close to where they live.
The network is also responsible for the implementation and execution of our managed care contracts, medical management services, quality improvement programs, data analysis, and information services.
Position Purpose: The Director of Technology Operations is responsible for the management and oversight of three unique teams whose single focus is to provide SHCN business units with the data and tools to drive performance across all Risk Programs and other value-based care initiatives. This role also serves as the primary point of contact between Steward Health Care Network and Population Health application/software vendors, including EHR Vendors.
- Oversight of EHR Connector program for SHCN Providers, this includes approval processes, funding to EHR vendors, and reimbursements to practices
- Ensure SHCN funded EHRs have structured fields/templates to capture discrete quality data required to support MACRA/MIPS and ACO Quality programs. This includes the creation of dashboards within EHRs required to manage providers, project standing, and report to CMS
- Ensure SHCN funded EHRs have data collection mechanisms implemented in order to feed SHCNs Quality Data Warehouse
- Lead Population Heath Applications team, this includes direction of department processes, integration with Steward IS (specifically with Security/Risk), and vendor relations
- Support and enhance current Population Health application inventory with a heavy focus on Salesforce, Case Management, and Event Notification Services
- Support and enhance current operational applications such as eFaxing, SMS text messaging, and Provider Directories
- Build SHCNs multi-year roadmap for EHR Connections, data, and content build
- Build SHCNs multi-year roadmap for QPP/MIPS
- Development of best practice workflows for covered practices related to the QPP program
- Creating, tracking, and projecting quarterly goals for Optimization, Applications, and EHR projects and initiatives throughout the year
- Participates in the identification of complex application problems and suggests resolutions; able to identify potential delays/roadblocks and escalates to senior leadership teams when applicable
- Other duties as assigned based on business need
- Lead efforts related to optimize electronic health record systems utilizing IS and vendor resources to implement workflows and best practices for use in their respective EHR for VBC success
- Lead strategy for EHR Optimization, this includes direction for targeted support models, data collection/aggregation of market dashboards, and communication for QPP and ACO Risk Programs
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- Bachelors Degree; Masters preferred
Years of Experience:
- 5 10 years experience in the implementation, support, or use of healthcare electronic records
- 5 10 years experience in application/product development/implementation of Business/Healthcare applications
- Familiarity with quality measure programs and CMS QPP Program
- 2 5 years experience managing direct reports
- Interact with all levels of users throughout the organization and communicate clearly with vendors and other internal IS departments.
- Ability to independently solve problems and handle stressful situations in a calm manner and with sound judgment.
- Experience with the following:
- Management of teams across multiple disciplines
- Project Management
- EHR Implementations
- Data and End User Workflow Analysis
- Reporting/analysis tools
- Ability to lead and train personnel by example
- Ability to problem-solve and prioritize.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with providers
- Must maintain patient confidentiality
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Health Care Network is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.