Freedom Financial Network
Director Total Rewards - Compensation and Benefits (Remote)
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2000 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
Reporting to the VP, Total Rewards, the Total Rewards Director will effectively partner with leadership to ensure the alignment of design initiatives with business goals and objectives across compensation, benefits, and people analytics. This position is responsible for leading the development and delivery of progressive and strategic compensation solutions, including executive compensation. This position leads the development and administration of all compensation and benefit plans, policies and programs targeted at retaining the company's competitive position and maximizing associates' productivity, associates' engagement and retention. This position is also responsible for leading the people analytics accountabilities associated with the compensation and benefits offerings/programs to develop business insights and reporting that drive business strategy. This position can be remote with some travel to our locations in the future.
- Design, execute and measure Company compensation & benefits strategy.
- Gather, analyze and leverage internal data and external/competitive insights to identify opportunities for competitive differentiation.
- Promote proactive benefits and compensation strategies and drive understanding of practices across the executive/manager and employee base, establish key initiatives, and communicate insights & recommendations to Executive Leadership that enhance current offerings and/or best manage cost.
- Establish mechanisms to measure, track, and report on compensation and benefits metrics (both direct/in-house and via the partnerships with vendors); develop and enable the capabilities of the executive and leadership team to consistently and effectively deliver the total compensation offering and the value proposition.
- Drive leadership awareness, commitment and accountability for the incoming candidate and existing employee experience across the business to drive attraction and retention.
- Will plan, develop and implement new and revised compensation and benefit programs.
- Provides expert counsel in the development of annual variable incentive compensation and other applicable incentive plans, oversight of applicable benefit plans/plan design & changes and effective salary management, and a total rewards philosophy.
- Working with other HR leaders designs and coordinates the communications of all the compensation and benefits plans.
- Manages all of the company's equity-based compensation plans for its executives.
- Responsible for administration and overall quality and consistency of client service provided by the function.
- Develop, review, and implement compensation programs that affect employees company wide, including sales, and short-term & long-term incentive plans.
- Develops and disseminates effective and clear communications regarding compensation, benefits and HRIM programs/processes. (i.e. Oracle, Xactly, Shareworks)
- Optimizes HRIM systems to meet workforce requirements creating opportunities for improvements and automation.
- Prepares materials for any necessary reporting and filings as they relate to compensation
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 7+ years of relevant experience in compensation and benefits.
- Working closely with the VP, Total Rewards, SVP HR, CCO, General Counsel, CFO and other key stakeholders to develop executive compensation and benefit programs, gains management support and prepare, annual, executive compensation and benefits proposals for the Compensation Committee approval.
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2nd year in a row!
- 401k with employer match
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Flexible time off policy (uncapped)
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you. Apply today!
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.