Town of Marana
Marana is the fastest growing community in Southern Arizona and the 2nd largest municipality in Pima County. The Town was recently recognized as one of the ten most successful cities in Arizona. Marana lies approximately 20 minutes northwest of downtown Tucson and 75 minutes southeast of Phoenix. The Town makes its decisions based on a Strategic Plan that has five focus areas: Commerce, Community, Heritage, Innovation and Recreation.
Marana's standards are high. We are an organization of excellence and have developed four Cultural Value Statements that provide the guidelines for how we work together. Our Cultural Values are: Dedicated Service, Respect, Teamwork and Engaged Innovation.
Are you interested in starting a new career or are you an experienced emergency dispatcher looking to continue your career with a top-notch agency? The Town of Marana is seeking an entry-level or experienced Dispatcher to join a great team and dispatch emergency and non-emergency police personnel in response to calls for service.
Hiring Range: $19.00 - $22.96
Schedule: Varying schedules including graveyard shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Receives calls for service by acting as liaison between public and police; determines emergency response necessity; provides information to the public; and accesses and utilizes multiple computer systems, data bases, reference books and maps.
- Receives and initiates radio communication with field personnel; monitors radio frequencies; maintains unit status and location; and retrieves and relays emergency information.
- Maintains state and federal required documentation; performs communication tasks by distributing information to appropriate agencies; responds to requests; and maintains information.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency plus six months of education or training
- Over six months of direct customer service experience in a professional setting or in a closely related field.
- Must pass an extensive background investigation and psychological evaluation.
- Must pass a pre-employment physical examination and drug test
- Must obtain ACJIS (Arizona Criminal Justice Information System) Certification within 6 months of hire
- Experience as a public safety dispatcher
- Experience working with confidential information
If you meet the minimum requirements, submit a completed Town of Marana application which can be supplemented with a resume and cover letter. Candidates are responsible for verifying receipt of materials. Applications must be submitted by applying online at www.maranaaz.gov and following the employment link. All status updates will be sent via email through the applicant tracking system.
Job posting will remain open until a sufficient number of applicants have met the minimum requirements and have been scheduled for interviews. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
REVIEW AND TESTING PROCESS
*Please note all communication and status updates will be sent via email through the applicant tracking system and/or Human Resources.
- Candidates will be asked to complete a Supplemental Application and Questionnaire which will be used during a potential background investigation.
- Candidates selected to move forward will be invited to an Oral Board.
- Candidates selected to move forward after the oral boards will be invited to a practical assessment. This assessment utilizes computer software to simulate a public safety communications environment.
- Candidates selected to move forward after testing will then advance to a thorough background investigation.
- Finalists that pass the background investigation will be given a conditional job offer contingent upon passing a psychological exam and medical exam.
TOWN OF MARANA CONTACT INFORMATION
11555 West Civic Center Drive
Marana, AZ 85653
ph. (520) 382-1900 / fax (520) 382-3500
Human Resources Staff Contact
Nikki Hemphill / 520-382-1925 / firstname.lastname@example.org
For technical issues with the Neo Gov site, please contact Customer Support at 1-855-524-5627.
The Town of Marana is an equal opportunity employer. If you require a reasonable accommodation at any stage of the application/exam process due to a disability, please contact the Human Resources Department prior to any deadlines related to this recruitment process. Please contact the Human Resources Department if you would like this publication in an alternative format.