Chantilly, Virginia, United States
District Operation Lead
As a District Operations Lead (Lead Service Valet), you will work in conjunction with the District Manager and assist with managing the total service delivery for the districts apartment communities. This includes providing direction and oversight for the part time associates (Service Valets) within the assigned district.
Pay: Starting at $20 per hour - a pick up truck will be provided to you
Additional compensation: mileage reimbursement
Benefits: Referral bonus program, Medical, Dental, Vision, and more...
Schedule/Hours: Sunday through Thursday evenings; typically start at 7pm or 8pm. Friday and Saturday Off!
Essential duties include:
- Deliver on our "every door every night" business expectation and set the standard in delighting our residents
- Assist District Manager with training associates (Service Valets)
- Spot check associates (Service Valets), focusing on safety, quality control and productivity
- Collect same night missed trash, walk/track problem properties
- Communicate with District Manager concerning delays, unsafe sites, accidents, and other maintenance problems
- Provide waste and recycling collection coverage for understaffed properties within an assigned district
- Document and report all property and resident non-compliance
- Provide oversight of the nightly collection process during District Manager days off
- Assist with evening recruiting efforts - may include referral generation and flyer distribution
- Provide candidates with a realistic job preview from the associate (Service Valet) perspective
- Assist with presentations during team meetings
- Assist the District Manager with coordinating work schedules, evaluating job performance and motivating associates (Service Valets)
- Provide leadership for the associates (Service Valets) in the areas of safety and training
You are a good fit if you have the following experience, education, and skills:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent. AA degree preferred
- Customer service and prior people management experience preferred
- Great verbal and written communication fundamentals
Special conditions of employment:
- Smart phone with data plan required
- Open bed pick-up truck or trailer to transport trash items from door to compactor (may not be required in all areas)
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle and drive locally to other properties as needed
- Ability to work outdoors, and drive in changing weather conditions
- Flexibility to work split schedule and/or be on call during irregular hours depending on business needs
- Ability to lift and transport up to 50 lbs. up & down stairs
- Ability to bend at waist and lift over shoulder
- Ability to bend at knees and lift over shoulder
- Ability to lift both arms to shoulder height
- Ability to walk distance of property, and be exposed to disagreeable odors
Are you a current Valet Living employee? If so, click here to apply.
Valet Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.