Farmers Branch, Texas, United States
Drone Pilot (UAS) - TX
DroneUp is seeking Drone UAS pilots to join our Flight Operations team in the Dallas, TX area. The pilots will be responsible for conducting drone delivery operations and other drone operations from our onsite Hub locations. The operators will fill various roles in the operation including serving as Remote Pilot in Command (RPIC), Safety Pilot, and Visual Observer. Knowing FAA rules and regulations is crucial and the operators must be able to operate in a safe and effective manner.
- Part 107 Remote operator Certificate required
- Strong knowledge of 14 CFR Part 107 regulations, airspace, and LAANC system.
- Experience with a variety of UAS platforms is a plus.
- Experience with one or more of the following: ArduPilot, ArduPilot Mission Planner, MAVlink protocol, QGround Control, Mavlink, RFD Tools, Radio Telemetry or DJI Go
- Familiarity with Google Earth, Google apps, and UAV piloting apps.
- Experience with Radio Controlled airplanes or RC systems in general is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
This position also requires the following essential functions:
- Visual acuity (e.g., needed to prepare and analyze data, to transcribe documents, to view a computer, to read, to inspect objects, to operate machinery
- Balancing (e.g., maintaining equilibrium when walking, climbing, crouching etc.)
- Stooping (e.g., bending the spine at the waist)
- Reaching (e.g., reaching the arms or legs in any direction)
- Lifting motion or lifting objects more than (30) pounds
- Repetitive motions of any part of the body
- Kneeling, crouching or crawling
- Climbing (e.g., ascending/descending ladders, stair, scaffolding, ramps, poles, etc. using feet and legs or hands/arms to climb)
- Grasping (e.g., use of hand to apply pressure)
- Capacity to reason and make sound decisions
- Ability to regularly perform all job functions at Company's office or work site
- Ability to withstand environmental conditions (e.g., extreme heat or cold, grass, wind, sand, fumes, odors, gases, extreme noise, etc.)