EAP Clinical Counselor LPC, LMFT, LCSW, LMHC or Clinical Psychologist
Must reside in California.
Schedule is: Mon-Fri 9a-6p PST
Responsible for provision of telephone-based consultation, counseling and informational services to members. Provides one-time or ongoing counseling and lifestyle management services, leveraging the outcomes tools in support of optimal care.
- Provides telephone triage, crisis intervention and related services.
- Assesses members immediate clinical needs and utilizes appropriate clinical tools to identify and provide services.
- Engages members and provides immediate support and assists with coping skills to address ongoing lifestyle management.
- Determines appropriate intervention, action steps in dealing with members situational concerns including members in crisis.
- Provides telephone counseling to individuals with a variety of presenting issues including but not limited to mental, emotional, disorders, conditions, addictions, lifestyle management and worklife concerns.
- Can consist of individual, joint or family sessions,
- Can be stand alone or on-going sessions
- Provides clinical services utilizing a variety of advanced clinical assessments, therapeutic interventions and/or models, which supports the level of care and engagement of members and are in alignment with the members theory of change.
- Uses appropriate and acceptable judgment, clinical theories, knowledge, methods, ethics, and professional use of self to restore or enhance social, psychosocial, or biopsychosocial functioning of members.
- Provides intensive case management and consultation for clinical risk cases and management referrals.
- Provides information to members and providers regarding mental health, substance abuse benefits, community treatment resources, and related mental health programs
- Assists members with linkage to resources to aid in the alleviation of stressors
Team member support:
- Collaborates with team of professionals in a way that supports a positive clinical outcome and continuity of care for all members
- Interacts with internal and external providers as appropriate to discuss clinical questions and concerns regarding specific cases
- Provides consultation to supervisors and other account representatives in order to facilitate appropriate EAP response to employees with performance, attendance, safety, and fitness for duty, critical incidents and other work related problems
Compliance with Policies and Regulatory Standards:
- Protects the confidentiality of member information and adheres to enterprise, EAP policies regarding confidentiality.
- Maintains accurate and complete documentation of required information that meets risk management and regulatory requirements.
- Maintains current licensure in good standing, seek professional development and meet all licensure requirements
-Ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust required
-Experience in handling mental health and psychiatric care, family situations, and relationship concerns required
-1+ year of crisis intervention skills required
-Experience in facilitating patient/client positive behavioral change required
-Strong computer and literacy skills required
-Experience working with diverse populations preferred
-Licensure:Valid independent professional licensure to practice per state regulations in one or more is required: LPC, LMFT, LCSW, LMHC or Clinical Psychologist
-Familiarity with brief therapy models and Motivational Interviewing preferred
-1+ years of EAP, Behavioral Health or Social Services experience is preferred
-Call Center experience preferred
Masters degree in counseling profession required
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.