EAP Clinical Counselor
Schedule is Tue -Sat 630am-3pm
Responsible for provision of telephone-based consultation,
counseling and informational services to members.
Provides one-time lifestyle management services,
leveraging the outcomes tools in support of optimal care.
- Provides telephone triage, crisis intervention and related
- Assesses members immediate clinical needs and utilizes appropriate clinical tools to identify and provide services.
- Engages members and provides immediate support and
assists with coping skills to address ongoing lifestyle
- Determines appropriate intervention, action steps in
dealing with members situational concerns including
members in crisis.
- Provides telephone counseling to individuals with a
variety of presenting issues including but not limited to
mental, emotional, disorders, conditions, addictions,
lifestyle management and worklife concerns.
- Can consist of individual, joint or family sessions - can be stand alone or on-going sessions
- Provides clinical services utilizing a variety of advanced
clinical assessments, therapeutic interventions and/or
models, which supports the level of care and engagement
of members and are in alignment with the members theory of change.
- Uses appropriate and acceptable judgment, clinical
theories, knowledge, methods, ethics, and professional use of self to restore or enhance social, psychosocial, or
biopsychosocial functioning of members.
- Provides intensive case management and consultation
for clinical risk cases and management referrals.
- Provides information to members and providers regarding mental health, substance abuse benefits, community treatment resources, and related mental health programs
- Assists members with linkage to resources to aid in the
alleviation of stressors
Team member support:
- Collaborates with team of professionals in a way that
supports a positive clinical outcome and continuity of care
for all members
- Interacts with internal and external providers as
appropriate to discuss clinical questions and concerns
regarding specific cases
- Provides consultation to supervisors and other account
representatives in order to facilitate appropriate EAP
response to employees with performance, attendance,
safety, and fitness for duty, critical incidents and other work-related problems
Compliance with Policies and Regulatory Standards:
- Protects the confidentiality of member information and
adheres to enterprise, EAP policies regarding
- Maintains accurate and complete documentation of
required information that meets risk management and
- Maintains current licensure in good standing, seek
professional development and meet all licensure
-Ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer
-Experience in handling mental health and psychiatric
care, family situations, and relationship concerns required
-1+ year of crisis intervention (suicide, detox, substance abuse, domestic violence) skills required
-Experience in facilitating patient/client positive behavioral change required
-Strong computer and literacy skills required
-Licensure: Valid independent professional licensure to
practice per state regulations in one or more is
required: LPC, LMFT, LCSW, LMHC or Clinical
Education: Masters degree in counseling profession
1+ years of EAP, Behavioral Health or Social Services
experience is preferred
-Call Center experience preferred
-Familiarity with brief therapy models and Motivational
-Experience working with diverse populations preferred
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.