Ak Chin Indian Community
Maricopa, Arizona, United States
Early Childhood Education (ECE) Program Manager
Under limited supervision, oversees the day-to-day operation of the Ak-Chin Early Childhood Development Program and Daycare.Minimum Qualifications
Experience equivalent to five (5) years full time early childhood education or children's social service program delivery or closely related work, at least two years of which involved some supervisory/managerial responsibility; OR an Associates may substitute for two years of the required non-supervisory experience or a Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Development, Education or Social/Behavioral Science may substitute for four years of the required non-supervisory experience. Experience working with Native American Students preferred but not required. Must have a valid Arizona Driver's License and be able to meet the Community's insurance carrier requirements. Must successfully complete a background check.Examples of Duties
- Ensure that preschool and daycare programs are operating according to established Ak-Chin standards, budgets, policies and procedures, and funding source requirements.
- Assists staff in understanding and carrying out department operating policies and procedures for effective preschool and daycare service/program delivery.
- Oversees work activities of subordinate workers; conducts regular classroom observations to ensure consistent implementation of curriculum, developmentally appropriate practice and provides guidance and feedback as needed.
- Develop, implement, and enhance preschool and daycare strategic plans.
- Continue to strengthen parent and teacher relationships.
- Provide leadership and staff training; assign and coordinate Staff schedules.
- Maintains professional confidentiality and demonstrates a high standard of ethical behavior at all time when representing the Child Development Department or the Ak-Chin Indian Community.
- Prepare and monitor department's operating budget for the Early Childhood Development Program and associated programs and services.
- Serve as Community liaison with other State, local, and Community Departments involved in providing early childhood educational and health related programs and services to the children of the Ak-Chin Indian Community.
- Write grants and proposals to obtain funding for a variety of preschool projects and services.
- Develops monitoring checklists to ensure programs are reviewed monthly and annually for effectiveness, efficiency and compliance.
- Prepares and submits a variety of monthly and annually reports regarding the Early Childhood Development Program activities and operations as required by funding agencies, Community Operations Manager, and tribal authorities.
- Coordinate field trips for the Early Childhood Development program.
- Supervise program staff to ensure effective utilization of the facility and delivery of preschool program services.
- Oversee preparation and accuracy of staff time cards and payroll documents.
- Conducts annual performance evaluations of staff and is responsible for timely and proper completion of performance evaluations.
- Promptly reports suspected abuse to all appropriate parties.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of the culture, customs, and traditions of the Ak-Chin Indian Community
- Knowledge of the social program needs of the Ak-Chin Indian Community.
- Knowledge and implementation of the Creative Curriculum for Preschool and Teaching Strategies Gold On-Line Assessment Program.
- Knowledge of Arizona Department of Education Early Learning Standards.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and Tribal program rules and regulations, standards and guidelines for early care and pre-school education programs.
- Knowledge of implementing and assisting with Individualized Education Program (IEP) for pre-kindergartener students..
- Knowledge of developmental learning in children and children with Special Needs.
- Knowledge of the general principles and practices of social preschool program delivery.
- Knowledge of the general principles and practices of preschool and daycare administration, including budgeting, program planning, and employee training/supervision.
- Knowledge of daycare and pre-school programs.
- Knowledge of nutritional food program.
- Knowledge of transportation and transporting children safety.
- Proficient in business administration.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with Community social service professionals, subordinate staff, other department managers, enrolled Community members, and parents/guardians'
- Skilll in team building and conflict resolution.
- Skill in planning, coordinating, assigning, and reviewing the work of subordinate staff.
- Skill in operating an Early Childhood Program, including program planning and budgeting.
- Skill in preparing/presenting a variety of records, reports, grants, and proposals.
- Skill in using computers and related software.
- Skill in dealing with sensitive, personal issues and maintaining appropriate professional, confidential relationships.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and to travel in-state and out-of-state, as needed.
- Ability to maintain accurate record-keeping system and procedures