Oasis Behavioral Health
Eating Recovery Technician
Since 1983, Sierra Tucson has led the way in addiction and behavioral health treatment in Arizona, across the country and internationally. Distinguished for comprehensive programs, innovative and effective therapies, and clinical excellence, personified by an extraordinary and highly credentialed staff, Sierra Tucson provides comprehensive treatment to identify and resolve underlying issues that cause behavioral health disorders. Patients receive the resources, support, and tools necessary for long-term change to occur, including one full year of continuing care and a lifetime of alumni services. Our serene, 160-acre campus is located in beautiful Catalina, Arizona, and is a place of peace, hope and healing.
As a Eating Recovery Technician,
You will be responsible for monitoring, educating and assisting residents in gaining the skills needed to manage eating disorders to include:
- Providing direction and monitoring of meal plans to include the exchange system, my plate or following registered dietitian orders.
- Planning and conducting nutrition intervention/education programs as needed.
- Monitoring and recording patient weight, height, BMI and development for each age group as needed.
- Providing mealtime support for patient and monitor and document patient meal consumption.
- Reviewing production schedule to determine food requirements, including variety and quantity of food, for preparation into sample supplies and equipment needed for cooking activities.
- Supervising residents during a demonstration of how to prepare to ensure meal plan compliance.
- May conduct cooking classes with residents.
- Maintaining a clean, sanitary demonstration kitchen, making special arrangements for special diets and ensuring proper requirements are met within facility aggravation complaint standard (Joint Commission).
- Demonstrating a positive, empathetic and professional attitude towards customers always. When patient needs are not met, acknowledge and work to resolve complaints. Recognize that patient safety is a top priority.
- Performing other tasks as assigned
High School Diploma or equivalent
Bachelors degree in dietary field or in the process of completing either a Dietary, Social Work or related health field degree preferred
CPR, First Aid, CPI/NCI certification (training available upon hire)
Fingerprint Clearance Card
In addition to working for a premier treatment center with competitive pay, our employees enjoy these other great benefits:
Three medical plan levels, dental and vision insurance
HSA, FSA, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
Basic Life/AD&D and Supplemental Life Insurance
Short Term and Long Term Insurance
401k with Company match
EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
Employee Discount Program
Generous PTO, Sick Time, paid holidays and professional development reimbursement
Our Core Values
Relationships We respond promptly and respectfully to all concerns. We actively focus on listening with intent to satisfy needs, ensuring that people always feel valued. We aim to develop quality outcomes to drive satisfaction, loyalty, and opportunities to serve.
Integrity We act honestly, consistently, and fairly in order to provide the highest ethical standards.
Compassion We demonstrate warmth, sensitivity, and positive regard to patients, residents, family members, and others. We hold a sacred space as we walk with them on their journey.
Excellence We provide highly reliable service, supported by evidence-based research, in our continuous pursuit of innovation in order to attain quality outcomes.
Teamwork We strive to work in collaboration with others in order to create a common vision
Sierra Tucson Mission
Our mission to provide a safe place for emotional, physical and spiritual healing with a collaborative community of professionals who provide insight, understanding and empowerment enhanced by a lifetime of alumni support.