Freedom Financial Network
San Mateo, CA
WHO WE ARE:
Voted one of the Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies in the Bay Area for 2020, Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2000 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, youll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. Its a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing whats right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
Do you know what a best in class content operation looks like? Are you confident you can create and run one? Are you passionate about personal finance, SEO, and helping people through financial decisions? If so, this is the dream job for you.
- Create the most trusted and highest trafficked website on personal finance and consumer debt.
- Build and run a content operation that consistently and effectively produces high quality content that reputable websites define as authoritative and users actively consume, trust, and share.
- Manage freelancers writers, prepare and edit their assignments, and ensure they are successful.
- Apply best SEO practices to ensure content targets high volume, high intent keywords and is optimized for high rank and engagement. At times this may be a substantial portion of your role.
- Ensure content is high-quality, accurate and consumer-first, and brings clarity to personal finance decisions.
- Be a strong communicator who truly enjoys helping everyone improve.
- Recognise when elements of an article seem out of alignment with a good user experience and recommend solutions.
- 5+ years of experience creating, managing, and optimizing an effective content operation for a top tier consumer finance or news website.
- 2+ years of experience of defining editorial guidelines and processes, SEO requirements, and writer assignments that consistently delivered significant audience and engagement growth.
- Independent executor with solid judgment and experience effectively delivering high volumes of authoritative articles through external writers.
- Passionate about helping financially struggling consumers and ensuring articles are engaging, clear and actionable.
- Consistently edits at a high level, demonstrating expertise at not only grammar and style, but also at a big-picture level.
- An excellent collaborator who prioritizes user, website, and team wins above all else.
- Ability to give constructive feedback, work through competing viewpoints and handle challenging conversations effectively.
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English, or similar degree.
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFNs Talent Acquisition leader.