Editors / Proofreaders - Insurance Transcripts - 100% Remote
NetTranscripts is looking to work with individuals who have experience proofreading and correcting draft versions of audio transcriptions through an all-in-one transcription platform such as InScribe, 3M ChartScript, Winscribe, or similar.
All work is completed within our all-in-one transcription platform. Editors will receive a draft of a transcript that has been created by speech-to-text technology, then listen to the corresponding audio while proofreading and correcting the document to ensure it meets accuracy requirements. Typical corrections include correcting speakers who were mis-identified, correcting the accuracy of words spoken, punctuation, and formatting.
You should also be committed to being available for work on a consistent basis. We find those most happy with contracting complete 60+ minutes of work each day Monday through Friday.
BENEFITS OF INDEPENDENT CONTRACTING
- Work on your own schedule
- Work as many hours as you want
- Grow your business at your own pace
- Have open access to work 24/7
THE NITTY GRITTY
- You must be an American citizen residing in the USA and be able to pass a full criminal background check
- You should have prior experience transcribing or editing with an all-in-one platform such as InScribe, 3M, ChartScript, Winscribe or similar
- English must be your first language and you must have stellar grammar skills
- You must be able to type 70 WPM
- You must have a good ear and able to decipher different voices/accents
- You must be able to produce a transcript that is at least 99.6% accurate
- You must be able to work on a computer with Microsoft Windows 10 and Google Chrome as your web browser
- You should have or be willing to purchase noise canceling headphones, and an Infinity USB-2 foot pedal.
- Have a high speed Internet connection (i.e. you can effectively stream a YouTube video)
- Be proficient at research on the Internet
- Be able to meet posted deadlines
- Be computer savvy; able to learn new programs quickly and independently
- Submit your resume and application
- Complete an assessment process to demonstrate your proofreading skills and ability to learn our software.
- Start completing work and getting $$$
Although we are currently only looking for people who have experience editing within an all-in-one transcription platform, in the future we expect to open this opportunity to a broader range of individuals.