Air Line Pilots Association
Mclean, Virginia, United States
The Air Line Pilots Association, International (ALPA), the largest airline pilot union in the world and the largest non-governmental aviation safety organization in the world (representing over 67,000 pilots at 39 U.S. and Canadian airlines) seeks an experienced eLearning Specialist for our office in Tysons (McLean), Virginia. The eLearning Specialist will create eLearning modules for members and staff in collaboration with subject matter experts. They will develop outlines, write video scripts, envision graphics, and then work with the ALPA Communications Department to produce final modules. The eLearning modules will cover a variety of subject areas including, but not limited to, finance, legal, and other policy issues; business system training; and, information about ALPA events. Fully developed eLearning modules will usually reside on ALPA's Learning Management System (LMS).
Travel: 0- 2%.
ALPA is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in a safe workplace. We prohibit discrimination, harassment and harmful behavior of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or other protected characteristics as outlined in federal or provincial laws. We highly value everyone and all are encouraged to apply, including minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant area, e.g., eLearning, Communications, or related field, from an accredited college or university required, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three (3) years of related experience, five (5) or more strongly preferred. At management discretion, additional equivalent experience and/or ALPA experience with proven expertise may be substituted for the above.
- Familiarity with eLearning software, such as Adobe Captivate, Adobe Creative Cloud (specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, and Audition), and Articulate 360, plus the Microsoft suite of office software.
- Knowledgeable in learning design principles, writing for educational purposes, and creating engaging content to illustrate basic to complex concepts and processes for adult learners.
- Highly organized self-starter mentality, with ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines with flexibility.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills for effective interaction with all levels of staff and membership.
- Must possess strong time management skills; be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment; and, transition easily between projects.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through skills.
Note: The physical demands described herein are characteristic of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential physical activities of this position described below.
Constantly operates a computer/smartphone/tablet. Regularly required to maintain a stationary position; move about the office; determine what others have said or written; and, converse with others and exchange accurate information.
Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, and move about the office and travel (locally, nationally, and internationally). May also include occasional bending, stooping, squatting, and/or pushing and pulling or moving, e.g., to pack, unpack, and/or move cases.
Occasionally required to move, raise, reach, and/or retrieve binders, books, boxes, and files up to ten (10) pounds (lbs.). While on travel, could be responsible to move, raise, reach, and/or retrieve luggage weighing as much as 50 lbs. (Assistance may not always be available.)
ALPA offers competitive salaries with terrific benefits, including:
- 401k Plan with Non-Elective Employer Contribution of 13% after 180 days of employment. No employee contribution required! The plan includes a Roth option and 4-year vesting schedule.
- Generous health care benefits on day one - PPO, Kaiser (where available), and a High Deductible Health Plan which includes coverage for medical, dental, and vision benefits for employee, spouse, and/or dependent children;
- 27 days paid vacation and holidays per year plus 2 volunteer days per year;
- Generous sick and bereavement leave;
- Competitive parental leave;
- Company-paid premiums for disability and life insurance;
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings accounts;
- Retiree health plan;
- Education Assistance Program; and,
- Optional benefits including pet insurance, excess life insurance, legal plan, and qualified transportation fringe benefits, where available.
Relocation Not Provided.
Sponsorship not available for this position.