Little Rock, AR, United States
Elevator Constructor Apprentice
The International Union of Elevator Constructors Local #79 Joint Apprenticeship Program (based in Little Rock, AR) will be accepting applications beginning July 18th, 2022, for our Little Rock, AR recruitment.
Applications will be accepted from July 18, 2022, at 7:00am and ending when the 175th application is received or on August 5, 2022, at 5:00pm--whichever occurs first.
• Must be 18 years of age to apply.
• Submit a copy of a valid photo I.D.
• Provide an original copy of a high school diploma, transcript, or GED.
• Pass an entrance exam and sit for an interview.
• Ability to withstand heights and cramped working conditions.
Note: There is a $25 fee for each testing applicant. The exam will be administered at a later date. The fee must be paid on the day of the exam (ONLY A MONEY ORDER OR BANK CERTIFIED CHECK WILL BE ACCEPTED, NO CASH, NO PERSONAL CHECKS). Fee waivers may be requested and will be approved upon showing of verifiable proof of financial need.
Applicants will also take a Tool Assessment designed to assess knowledge of basic tools and their use, as well as basic measuring skills.
Upon selection, applicants must pass a drug test (Paid by the employer).
A photo I.D. must be presented during the application process.
• Assisting in the installation, maintenance, and repair of the passenger and freight elevators, escalators, dumbwaiters, and moving sidewalks under the direction of a Mechanic.
• Manually loading, unloading and moving materials, equipment and tools from vehicles to work areas. Requires lifting parts weighing up to 100 lbs.
• Manually cleaning elevator car tops, machine rooms, pits, rails, and hoistways within non-controlled climate field setting.
• Manually painting machine rooms and pit.
• Using periods of high concentration and knowledge of elevator systems to assist Mechanic in electrical and mechanical installation, repair or service operations. Requires following written or verbal directions of mechanic and/or field superintendent. Requires color perception to distinguish color-coded wiring components.
• Maintaining elevator lighting fixtures.
• Visually and audibly monitoring equipment operation to determine faulty functioning.
The Elevator Constructors are an Equal Opportunity Employer.