Local Motors, Inc.
Embedded Controls Engineer - Knoxville, TN Location
Olli is an all-electric autonomous shuttle developed at Local Motors (LM). As the Embedded Controls Engineer at LM, you are responsible for improving vehicle control strategy including fault diagnostics, fault actions, and communication across various devices. In addition to software development, the engineer is also responsible for developing test matrices, collect and analyze data, provide direction to Olli manufacturing and to the field technicians.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure implementation within the required time and budget according to the product map requirements
- Generate functional diagrams for Olli subsystems
- Assist in the development of FMEA
- Generate software system requirements specification documents (SRS)
- Provide input for developing the control system architecture
- Generate controls for various subsystems based on SRS
- Familiar with various testing procedures unit testing, usability testing, acceptance testing, performance testing, ANOVA, Design of experiments
- Analyze data using various software Excel, Python, Matlab and presenting findings in written reports
- Development of diagnostics and the associated fault actions
- working collaboratively with design engineers, operation engineers, purchasers and other internal staff
- understanding and ensuring compliance with vehicle functional safety
- Support manufacturing in troubleshooting vehicle related issues and generate quick solutions
- Hold training sessions for manufacturing and field technicians
- Maintain software version control
- Write reports, presentations, and manuals
Qualifications & Skills:
Degree in Mechanical or Electrical and Electronic engineering. Industry experience of at least 2 years.
- Control System Theory
- Proficiency in Matlab/Simulink
- Well versed in CAN communication. Used tools such as Canalyzer.
- Understand CAN protocols such as J1939, and CANOpen
- Understanding of various sensors and their integration into control system
- Experience with tools such as ETAS/INCA, Mototune, Raptor Service, Raptor Cal
- Python , C, C++ programming
- Experience with MS Office Tools
- Clear and concise communication
- Ability to comprehend electrical wiring diagrams
- Worked in automotive industry for at least 2-3 years
- Familiar with ISO26262 Automotive Functional Safety
- Worked with different communication protocols Ethernet, CAN, Modbus etc.
- Ability to travel when required (15-20% travel)
- Experience with version controls tools such as IBM doors, github
- Released software updates
- Hard in loop/Software in loop procedures
- Self driving car experience Understanding of self driving car sensors such as Lidars, Radars, and Camera, GNSS, IMU, RTK systems, DSRC, Sensor Fusion, Path Planning and Motion Control