Welcome to largest health ecosystem in Colorado and western Kansas. Welcome to living your mission among thousands of people on fire to live theirs too. Welcome to options, possibilities and values that guide exceptional care. Welcome to extremely important industry challenges and opportunities to solve complex problems. Welcome to highly intelligent teams, overflowing community and the wholeness of mind, body and spirit that is Centura Health.Flourishing Begins Here
You have a purpose, unique talents and NOW is the time to embrace it, live it and put it to work. At Centura Health, we value incredible people with incredible skills - but your commitment to a greater cause is something we value even more.
Operates the Flight For Life ground ambulances in a safe, professional efficient manner. Is accountable for compliance with maintenance schedules, daily readiness of the vehicles, and overall cleanliness. Provides patient care within the ALS/BLS program and the BLS scope of care. Provides clinical assistance to other team members, the Emergency Departments and the Business Office within the scope of the EMT role.What You Bring/Job Requirements
In addition to bringing your whole self to the workplace each day, qualified candidates will need the following:
- Two years of experience as a licensed EMT Two years of experience driving ambulance. Familiarity with local region.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Current Colorado State EMT Certification Required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required from American Heart Association Required
- IV certification within 2 months of hire required
- Completion of Emergency Vehicle Operator (EVOC or CVEO) within 6 months of hire/transfer and ValidColorado driver's license and no moving violations for past two years required
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program within 12 months of hire/transfer for EMT's doing BLS transports required.
The hours are:0630-1900 or 1600-0430
Medium Work - (Exert up to 50lbs force occasionally, and/or up to 20lbs frequently, and/or up to 10lbs constantly)Your Connected Community
When people and places align, incredible things happen. Just like the 21,000+ amazing associates who work here, every community within Centura Health's connected ecosystem has its own unique history, story and personality.
For more than 135 years, St. Mary-Corwin has cared for the people of Pueblo and the surrounding southern Colorado communities. Driven by a commitment to Pueblo and our healing ministry, St. Mary-Corwin is focused on its core areas of clinical strength: Cancer Care and Orthopedic Services. This concentration enables St. Mary-Corwin to serve the southern Colorado region with high-quality, high-value care for generations to come. Residents of Pueblo enjoy a moderate cost of living within this modern, mid-sized community while experiencing everything great about life in Colorado, including world-class nearby outdoor recreation, thriving local arts and culture, numerous parks, festivals and much more.