Job Description SummaryAs an Escrow Processor working for Inspired Title Services, Taylor Morrisons title company, you will be responsible for providing escrow and closing support to the Escrow Officers.
We trust that as an Escrow Processor you will: (responsibilities)
- Prepare and send opening letters and "thank you" acknowledgements to all parties
- Order title commitments and distribute to all parties
- Order and update payoff/assumption statements as requested
- Prepare receipts for all funds received from customers and/or lenders
- Order wire transfers and provide wiring instruction
- Clear title requirements
- Prepare loan packages for return to lender
- Prepare simple cash and seller carryback pre-audits
- Assist branch manager with administrative tasks as requested
- Open refinance orders
- Receive builder report, order survey, contact the lender, obtain hazard insurance, enter basic order information on automated system, obtain HOA information, schedule and coordinate times for closings
- Prepare copies for disbursement and closing transmittals
- Assist Closer/Escrow Officer with final policy disbursement, as directed
- Monitor termite inspection requests and other required inspection information
- On a limited basis, answer Customers questions and/or telephone calls concerning the administrative process of the parties transactions; and answer real estate agents questions and/or telephone calls concerning the status of their pending files
- Cancel files according to office procedure
- Assist with pre-closing files: Assure that all information is accurate and matches the original Purchase Contract, e.g. zip codes, property address, spelling of names, marital status of buyers, reading Surveys for encroachments, if any, etc
- Prepare and ship closing packages: Assure that each package is complete and properly signed by all parties
- Prepare documents for recording in different Counties: Assure that documents sent for recording fulfill not only the Recording Regulations, but also the Lenders' requirements
- Prepare both Loan and Owners' Policies and distribute them to the buyer and lender
- Prepare endorsements to Policy, when applicable
- Assist Branch Manager with administrative tasks
- Customer Service - Take calls from lenders, buyers, attorneys, realtors, insurance companies and others are handled on a daily basis
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- High Energy Level
- Positive Attitude/Fun
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two (2) year college or technical school; or 2 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2 years related experience as an escrow processor
- Preferable to be a notary public in state located
- Must be of high integrity, technical competence and high moral character
- Strong communications skills - written, verbal, and listening
- Highly proficient level of computer skills in title production and closing software (e.g. SoftPro, Ramquest, ResWare) including spreadsheet, word processing, and PowerPoint
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- This position is considered a non-exempt position for purposes of wage-hour law, which means that you will be required to keep a time record and will be eligible for overtime pay.
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle if applicable
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.