Northern Arizona University
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Events Coordinator, Intermediate
Location: Inst. for Human Development
Job ID: 606255
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
NAU is a community devoted to student success and sustained by an unshakable commitment to our shared mission, vision, and values. We—faculty, staff, and administrators—thrive by combining our efforts and working side by side to further NAU's culture of excellence.
This position is subject to the availability of funding. The incumbent is not eligible for Service Professional non-renewal notice, or Classified Staff layoff or recall status.
Please note, this position is located in Phoenix.
The Event Coordinator will assist in the coordination and support of all phases of IHD's statewide conference and event planning. This position is responsible conference and event planning that promotes access, attitude, and inclusion for those who have a disability. IHD is an interdisciplinary unit and the oldest Institute at NAU. IHD is housed in the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences on the campus of NAU in Flagstaff, Arizona. Designated as a University Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (UCEDD) with core funding provided by the Administration on Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities under the Developmental Disabilities Assistance and Bill of Rights Act, emphasis is placed on four core function areas: Research and Evaluation, Interdisciplinary Education and Training, Community Services, and Information Dissemination. The AzTAP program falls under the Community Service area.
Event Coordinator - 35%
• Assist in coordinating event logistics including venue, catering, audio visual, facilitators, transportation, materials, etc.
• Assist in event promotion to ensure strong attendance.
• Assist in creating website updates to ensure accuracy and relevancy for all assigned events.
• Assist in providing onsite logistical support for assigned events.
• Manages event and attendee information.
• Creates event/conference marketing and registration materials.
Administrative Support - 35%
• Assist in the creating and following up on vendor/registration billing
• Assist in registration billing needs.
• Assist in creating and analyzing conference evaluations.
• Responsible for coordinating all travel logistics, submitting Service Team ticket, and providing follow-up documentation.
• Performs administrative tasks such as making survey copies, order supplies, creating and distributing conference materials.
Communication and Marketing - 25%
• Assist in the creation of event/conference marketing and registration materials.
• Assist in communicating regularly with event participants, vendors, and speakers.
• Assist in communicating with conference committees and ensuring tasks due dates are met.
• Creates and monitors social media postings regarding the conference and vendor booths.
Other - 5%
• Attend meetings, trainings, and other events.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned.
• Associates or bachelor's degree in related field.
• 2-4 years of relevant experience.
• Valid Arizona Driver's license.
• Any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree.
• Knowledge of and experience working in an IHE Interdisciplinary unit.
• Knowledge of the disability landscape in Arizona and the United States.
• Experience organizing and leading large meetings/conferences.
• Organizational and project management skills.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Knowledge of event planning tools, processes, and concepts.
• Knowledge of processes for engaging and recording feedback from attendees
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Planning, organizing, coordinating, and facilitating skills.
• Event planning skills.
• Project management skills.
• Customer service skills.
• Demonstrates strong problem solving, organizational, and analytical capabilities.
• Manages and maintains relationships.
• Balances competing priorities.
• Communicates effectively.
• Promotes a diverse, inclusive environment
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
As of 12/10/21, the Safer Federal Workforce employee vaccination requirement is currently suspended pending the outcome of a federal court-issued injunction. This injunction has suspended the recent executive order issued by President Biden requiring all employees of federal contractors to receive COVID-19 vaccinations. For current status of the vaccine requirement and/or questions, please visit https://in.nau.edu/human-resources/faqs-for-employee-vaccination-requirement-2/.
Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, an employment history verification and a degree verification (in some cases) prior to employment. You may also be required to complete a fingerprint background check. Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States. Finally, each year Northern Arizona University releases an https://in.nau.edu/police-department/annual-security-and-fire-safety-reports/. The report is a result of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the https://in.nau.edu/police-department/annual-security-and-fire-safety-reports/ is combined with the Annual Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus as this campus has on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities. If you would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
Salary range is $19.84 - $24.80 per hour. Annual salary commensurate with candidate's qualifications and related experience.
This position is non-exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). The incumbent is eligible for overtime pay or compensatory time according to University policy. Further, the employee must submit timesheets that accurately reflect all hours worked.
This is a part-time, non-benefit eligible position.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship for this position.
August 17, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the https://in.nau.edu/human-resources/or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.