Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino Resort
Maricopa, AZ, United States
Project Management Supervisor- Events & Entertainment-Full Time (Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino)
The Events and Promotions Supervisor plays a key role in the supervision of all Harrahs Ak-Chin events, promotions and entertainment. This position is responsible for supervising the Events and Promotions Coordinators with the dual purpose of providing a positive impact on guest relationships and increasing profitability.
DIRECTLY SUPERVISES (PLEASE LIST POSITION TITLES):
- Events, Promotions & Entertainment Coordinator
- Promotions Associate
Join the team that puts fun first. At Harrahs Ak-Chin, making grown-ups smile and play is what we do best, which is why we stack our dream team with passionate, energetic employees. Creativity, innovation and inspiration welcome.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
Although not exhaustive, this list summarizes the role of the Events, Promotions & Entertainment Supervisor.
- Responsible for interviewing, training, and selecting employees for the department.
- Conducts Performance Reviews in accordance with policies and procedures; provides feedback; coaches and provides guidance as needed; schedules staff to appropriate levels.
- Exhibits sound, decision-making qualities; motivates personnel and exhibits effective supervisory skills.
- Recommends or takes appropriate action when administering disciplinary processes in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Responsible for fostering a positive and fun environment for employees to grow, ensuring fairness and consistency.
- Supervises execution and coordination of all events, promotions and entertainment of Harrahs Ak-Chin conducted by events, promotions and entertainment coordinator(s) and promotions associate(s).
- Responsible for tracking all request form submissions by events and promotions coordinator(s).
- Achieves results through events, promotions and entertainment coordinator(s) and promotions associate(s)
- Works closely with all departments, as needed, through supervision of the coordination of logistical support for all project execution stages.
- Use of supplied tools to accurately track by event: finances, guest counts and regulatory approvals.
- Maintains the departmental budget through continuous creative development of programs, activities, inventory, stocking, auditing, and operational control.
- Ensures all departments policies & procedures are up to date, suggests revisions and updates to events, promotions and entertainment manager.
- Ensures events, promotions and entertainment coordinators follow accurate and efficient processes for guest registration, tracking & reporting (e.g. offer codes, swipes at events, scorekeeping at tournaments, etc.)
- Establishes and recommends procedure changes and improvements that ensure proper accountability while improving service, accuracy and speed; embraces the spirit of the "Business Process Improvement" concept.
- Ensures communication and adherence to department and company programs, policies and procedures.
- Constantly seeks ways to improve Total Service scores for both department and entire property; provides outstanding guest service at all times.
- Communicates all relevant information to co-workers and management to maintain consistency and avoid service breakdowns.
- Acts as a role model to other employees. Always presents self as a credit to Harrahs and encourages others to do the same.
- Assists the events, promotions and entertainment manager with strategic calendar planning.
- Maintains security and confidentiality of files, records and lists.
- Must have strong communication skills, both verbal & written.
- Responsible for other general and administrative tasks, as assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Must demonstrate skill in public speaking, both on and off a microphone, with charisma, clarity and a professional demeanor.
- Possess an enthusiastic attitude and engaging approach.
- Extrovert, quick and critical thinker, witty, personable and articulate.
- Possess the ability to interact effectively and make connections with people of different age groups and demographics.
Can plan and promote activities and events; and upsell revenue-generating experiences.
- Experienced in budget development, management and accounting procedures.
- The ability to read, write and effectively communicate in English is required; other languages are preferred.
- Passionate about hospitality, entertainment and customer-service driven.
- Willing and able to demonstrate reading, writing and technical skills as part of application process.
- Undergoes pre-employment screening and selection process.
- Must have intermediate to advanced PC skills, including but not limited to use and navigation of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.), web-based applications and other software systems.
- Must be able to demonstrate technical aptitude on custom Harrahs software, including but not limited to PKMS, EMS, LMS, and CMS, as part of application process, or within six months of hire.
- Must be able to demonstrate mathematical aptitude towards Arizona approved games of chance, and basic probability and statistics as applicable to comprehension of promotional games of chance, as part of application process, or within six months of hire.
- Must be able to supervise multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to make rational decisions, act quickly & solve problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Able to lift and/or carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Able to correspond via telephone and e-mail in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to respond to visual and auditory cues.
- Able to continuously maneuver including the ability to bend, crouch, kneel, and twist, in both an office setting at a desk, and while in front of or interacting with guests.
- Must have the manual dexterity required to manipulate props, equipment, prizes, etc. with safety as a top priority while interacting with guests.
- Must possess outgoing personality and be able to greet guests in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Must be able to get along well with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must be able to hold and operate a ticket scanning device during the assigned shifts.
- Must be able to move quickly around entire property and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to respond calmly and make rational decisions when handling customer needs and concerns while maintaining an upbeat and positive attitude.
- Must be able to work in areas containing second hand smoke.
- Must be able to work in noisy environment.
- Must be able to work both indoors and outdoors.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including but not limited to non-standard shift times, lengths and days off.
- Must be able to work and stand outside, sometimes in heat in excess of 115 degrees.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to push or pull up to 150 pounds.
- Must be able to see and remember the specific details of incidents and persons.
Harrahs reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary.
We operate in a 24/7 environment that continuously operates year-round and that is driven by the needs of our customers and guests. The nature of this role requires working a non-traditional schedule in order to successfully execute activities and programs and create a world-class experience for our guests.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.