BrightStar Credit Union
Lauderhill, FL, United States
Executive Administrative Assistant - Sunrise
We are currently seeking an
Executive Administrative Assistant to join our team at
BrightStar Credit Union!
BrightStar Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse work environment where everyone has the opportunity to succeed. We're dedicated to empowering the careers of our people. Our work environment is service-oriented, fast-paced and fun. The primary role of this position is to support the CEO/President, Board of Directors and Supervisory Committee members. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with strong technical skills to include intermediate or advanced skill level with all Microsoft office applications. Additionally, experience and ability to manage the President/CEO calendar. The ideal candidate will be highly organized and brings a style as an Executive Administrative Assistant that will assist the CEO stay on track and achieve his immediate, short and long-term objectives. Additional work will include Board of Directors interaction to include responding to requests for information, scheduling/coordinating/attending Board meetings, making travel arrangements for conferences along with handling the associated details. Must have, a high level of professional and engaging customer service and discretion and confidentiality will be needed. This position is dynamic and challenging coupled with an enjoyable and rewarding professional work environment.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages different and conflicting objectives, projects or activities at once. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, coordinating executive schedule, Outlook calendar maintenance, book meetings, travel arrangements (air travel, hotel accommodations and ground transportation), and order supplies. This position is involved in high-level client contract and exposure to sensitive information and must use considerable tact, diplomacy and judgment. Relieves management of administrative details; gathers, compiles and reports information relevant to/for the executive.
- Must attend all Board of Directors meetings (every third Thursday evening of the month). Must take accurate minutes and be able to transcribe minutes in a short turn-around time. Responsible for transcribing Board of Directors, ALCO committee, Personnel Committee, Risk Management Committee and Supervisory Committee minutes. Responsible for preparing the monthly Board of Directors meeting package and on-line portal.
- Responsible for the planning of the yearly Strategic Planning meeting with the Board of Directors and the Executive Management Team. Must be able to attend the Strategic Planning meeting in person (3 days). Responsible for securing venue, room set-up, and hotel accommodations. Must work closely with meeting facilitator; scheduling timeline for on-line survey and telephone interviews for 18 executives.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate records for Credit Union policies. Must be able to keep all policies updated timely and accurately. Responsible for sending out policies that are up for annual review with advanced notice to Executive that is responsible for reviewing and updating.
- Responsible for updating all regulatory examination records with accurate information. Responsible for maintaining accurate audit tracking log for internal and external audits.
- Responsible for reviewing monthly 27 – 30 expense reports for CEO approval. Must ensure all reports are completed accurately and have supporting receipts for all transactions. Need to be able to communicate to CEO of any issues with expense reports.
- Must attend weekly Executive Management Team meetings with CEO. Prepare agenda for review with CEO and have all documents ready for weekly meeting.
- BSA Compliance – every employee is required to uphold the credit union’s compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions with BSCU will take into consideration the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department. In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Department. Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending and Credit Card Act
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Must be able to transcribe accurately board meeting minutes (monthly), ALCO meeting minutes (quarterly), Risk committee meeting minutes (quarterly), Personnel committee meeting minutes and Supervisory Committee meeting minutes quarterly.
- Must have advanced computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office; Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- General knowledge of office procedures and operations.
- Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records, files, reports and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail is a priority
- The ability to effectively converse and listen to others concerning Credit Union matters. The use of proper written and grammatical skills, and the meaningful application of computer technology (e-mail, internet, etc…).
- Must demonstrate and convey a favorable image when representing the company. The level of honesty, integrity, and confidentiality along with proper standards of professional dress.
- The ability to accurately record, organize, and store Credit Union information. Compliance with established recordkeeping procedures and legal requirements.
- The ability to preserve sensitive and important information or data. Confidential information is not revealed outside of the Credit Union, except as necessary in the ordinary course of business.
- Consistency of work quality and compliance with standards, requirements, and expectations. The tracking of numerical data and detailed organizational information, and the careful application of grammar, spelling, and punctuation rules.
- Work involves extensive personal contact with members of the Board of Directors, community leaders, business leaders, and internal managers.
- Excellent organizational and editing skills, typing skills utilizing Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Experience: Five to 10 Years of similar or related experience.
Education Equivalent to a two-year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school. A college is preferred. Must be able to pass written Word and Excel test.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BrightStar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BrightStar Credit Union is a Drug Free Workplace.