Responsible for operational oversight, financial management, and growth of programs for individuals that are challenged with co-occurring mental health and substance misuse.
- Oversight of SUD services performance measures
- Oversight of utilization management for SUD services with commercial payers
- Commercial payer contract negotiations for SUD services
- Outcomes management for the Recovery Co-Operative
- Work with the leadership team to develop new and expanded SUD services across the continuum of care including outpatient, IOP, MAT, withdrawal management and potential future residential services.
- Partner relationship development with area hospitals to promote referrals
- MAT program leadership and growth strategy
- Process improvement of clinical services in the Recovery Co-Operative
- Supervision of the Recovery Co-Operative Clinical Director
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintain an operating culture which is standardized across programs, accountable and collaborative to achieve positive client outcomes, growth and profitability goals by ensuring that teams provide excellent, quality, safe clinical care
2. Monitor and take action on program metrics and quality assurance processes
3. Work with the leadership team to develop and execute a growth strategy focused on new and expanded services across the continuum of care
4. Use data informed decision making for each program; track performance trends, utilization management, and ensure performance indicators are achieved
5. Develop and oversee the implementation of standardized operational procedures and action plans to maximize organizational performance
6. Oversee financial management of program operations in the service line to achieve revenue and business goals.
7. Provide change leadership and ensure client treatment and safety needs are met in an efficient manner by operating in compliance with all federal, state and local requirements
8. Build cohesion and promote a positive work environment among staff members; cultivate a work culture that embodies the values of AllHealth Network (respect, compassion, integrity, client-centered service, accountability)
9. Establish operating processes that embrace team-based continuous improvement methodologies (i.e., Lean Healthcare) to achieve sustainable business results
10. Lead commercial payer contract negotiations (when applicable) in concert with other leadership within the network
11. Partner with the Quality Improvement Team to establish and execute a plan for ongoing evaluation and process improvement of clinical services in the Continuum of Care
12. Provide supervision and mentoring to leadership within the line of business
13. Interface across departments and with key leaders within AllHealth Network including Quality Improvement Risk and Compliance, Business Intelligence, IT, Clinical Systems Integration, Operations, Marketing, and Revenue Cycle to meet the needs of the program
14. Build, strengthen and maintain relationships with community partners and area providers to support program operations and represent AllHealth Network.
15. Follow all AllHealth Network policies and procedures
16. Complete all required trainings as listed in Relias Learning (both online training and face-to-face training) within required timelines
17. Perform other duties as required within the scope of the position and the experience, education and ability of the employee.
Key Technical Skills and Knowledge:
Masters degree with an educational focus that includes healthcare administration (i.e., MHA, MBA, MPA, MHA) or MSW, MA degree in behavioral healthcare
Nursing or other clinical license preferred
5 years of healthcare experience, with 2 years of operational responsibility for substance use disorder services
Demonstrated ability to motivate others and achieve revenue, cost and profitability improvement goals
High level competency working with data in Excel or business intelligence software