Davis Wright Tremaine
Executive Legal Assistant - Corporate and Business Transactions
Our national, best-in-class Corporate & Business Transactions Group is looking for an Executive Legal Assistant to help supports its profitable growth and effective operation.
In this role, you will provide executive-level support to the two partners who lead our Corporate & Business Transactions team. You will collaborate with our attorneys, understand their practice and clients, and own non-billable administrative tasks supporting their practices and the broader practice group. In addition to supporting the administrative needs of their respective practices, the role will include interacting with clients and responding to requests, assisting with transaction closings, managing billing processes, and taking ownership of multiple projects.
This position requires a proactive, problem-solving mindset, attention to detail, excellent organizational skill and the ability to work independently and in a fast-paced team environment.
We value entrepreneurial self-starters who bring innovative solutions to the table. If you have the vision to see beyond a to do list and can anticipate needs of the executives or attorneys you support, we want to talk to you.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here is respected, has a voice and access to unparalleled support and training.
On a typical day, you will:
- Tackle day-to-day administrative needs, such as scheduling conference rooms, making travel arrangements, processing monthly client billing and preparing expense reports
- Take initiative to understand attorneys client service needs; identify opportunities to contribute to client relationship success by raising opportunities to improve; offer potential solutions and a willingness to participate in the agreed upon course of action to reach the desired goals
- Act as an intermediary with clients and respond to requests, demonstrating a high level of written and verbal communication skill
- Assist with transaction closings; monitor and update checklists, organize documents and signature packets for execution, monitor status of documentation and organize final executed documents as received, review documents for completeness, maintain electronic record of final executed documents, organize documents for closing transcripts, produce and transmit closing transcripts, distribute stock certificates
- Identify and organize documents for closings of complex financing or acquisition transactions, requiring astute analytical skill and reading comprehension
- Own the setup of data rooms for transactions; communicate access information and anticipate needs
- Demonstrate strong executive-level support with prior experience supporting c-suite or attorneys preferred (law firm experience is not required if you have the right skill set)
- Become a trusted collaborator with our attorneys to understand their practice and leverage resources to make administrative processes more efficient
- Work efficiently and take initiative
- Exercise a high degree of attention to detail and confidentiality
- Be agile when faced with frequently changing needs, which will require prioritizing tasks, tracking competing deadlines, and communicating at a high-level with an exceptional focus on client service
- Communicate at a consistently high-level, both written and verbal, demonstrating maturity and strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate strong word processing and computer skills; solid working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook required, experience with all MS Office 2010 products preferred. Proofreading, NetDocs, Visio and PowerPoint skills desired
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to excellent client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each clients and each lawyers work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.Whats in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employees sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.