Dallas, TX, United States
Nothing beats the power of being at a live event. That's why we're proud to announce the launch of Sodexo Live!, our brand dedicated to the sports, events, and hospitality industry. We concentrate all of our skills, insight, and experience into one brand that instinctively knows how to make the most of every moment. Let's go Live! together.
We are seeking an experienced Executive Steward for the Kay Bailey Hutchinson Convention Center in Dallas, TX!
The Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center Dallas (KBHCCD) is one of the largest convention centers in the nation. Every year it welcomes over a million visitors attending major national and international conventions, meetings, concerts, athletic competitions, auto shows, and more. Located in the heart of downtown Dallas, the KBHCCD has been and continues to be a fixture in the Dallas skyline offering 1 million square feet of exhibit space, three ballrooms, 88 meeting rooms, 1,750-seat theater, and a 9,816-seat arena.
• The Executive Steward is an integral member of the Culinary team. They are responsible for managing primarily non-food production areas of the kitchen, to include the dish room, storage areas and other utility areas.
• The Executive Steward is responsible for cleanliness and sanitation within the kitchen, for maintenance of key equipment and for the inventory, storage and distribution of the facility's supply of banqueting items such as silver, china, glassware and linen.
• The Executive Steward is responsible for leading the Stewarding Department staff and is responsible for monitoring and organizing the flow of activity within the kitchen in a way that complements and supports quality food preparation and service.
• Support overall food and beverage operations by participating as part of the Culinary Leadership Team; Manage the facility's Stewarding function and its staff members.
• Ensure that standards for health, safety, cleanliness and sanitation are maintained throughout Stewarding areas.
• Control inventory, storage and distribution of supplies. Ensure Stewarding and Kitchen equipment is properly maintained.
• Ensure Stewarding and Kitchen equipment is properly maintained.
• Contribute to goal of 100% customer satisfaction through personal commitment to customer service and leading the culinary team by example.
• Appropriate combination of education and experience to support on-the-job effectiveness.
• A minimum of 2 years of previous leadership experience within a diverse food and beverage environment, to include management of a large staff and focus on exceptional client and customer service.
• Previous venue catering/Stewarding experience and multi-site experience strongly preferred.
• Strong working knowledge of food safety, sanitation, and general workplace safety standards with knowledge of Health Department requirements.
• Demonstrated financial acumen; P&L accountability and/or contract-managed service experience is highly desirable
• Demonstrated success in interfacing with a variety of organizational functions and divisions to accomplish tasks.
• Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
• Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
About Sodexo Live:
Sodexo is consistently recognized as an employer of choice by highly regarded external organizations, earning coveted spots on FORTUNE's list of the World's Most Admired Companies and Bloomberg's Gender-Equality Index, as well as a perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index
Improving quality of life has been our mission for over 50 years. And this commitment starts with you. We strive to enhance and simplify your daily life while offering you the best working environment wherever you are, whatever you do.
We offer a diverse range of opportunities, in over 100 professions. Whether you're a recent grad, the transition from the military, or an experienced professional, our goal is to find your perfect fit.
Founded in Marseille, France, in 1966 by Pierre Bellon, Sodexo is the global leader in services that improve Quality of Life, an essential factor in individual and organizational performance.
Operating in 56 countries, Sodexo serves 100 million consumers each day through its unique combination of On-site Food and Facilities Management Services, Benefits & Rewards Services, and Personal and Home Services.
40,000 employees dispersed throughout 500 sites around the globe with 80 different types of professional roles.
• What we do: We improve the Quality of Life of those we serve and our teams, and contribute to the economic, social, and environmental development of the communities, regions, and countries in which we operate.
• How we do it: We serve with care the essential daily needs of millions of people. We build inclusive progress; we drive engaged and responsible performance.
• Why we do it: We create a better every day for everyone to build a better life for all.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live! While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.