Centers Health Care
Cedar Knolls, NJ
Facilities Operation Manager / Safety Manager
Centers Laboratory of New Jersey is actively seeking a Facilities Operation Manager/Safety Manager for our Laboratory in Cedar Knolls, New Jersey.
Position Title: Facilities Operation Manager/Safety Manager
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
The Facilities Operation/Safety Manager is responsible for the management and coordination of the maintenance of the building as well as the purchasing and supply management. Responsibilities include the regular inspection of the facilities for repair and maintenance purposes, in addition to the safety regulations of the building. The position also assures that all departments have the services they need. The Facilities Operation/Safety Manager ensures that the laboratory is in compliance with all laws and regulations that are required by CLIA, CAP, OSHA and any other applicable legislative organization.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each responsibility competently. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the responsibility. The responsibilities include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Works with purchasing, lab staff, and supply associate to ensure all medical, office and janitorial bulk supply orders are placed through OnCare while keeping track of inventory.
- Approval of all incoming invoices related to the above and facility related invoices, working with the supply associate and vendors to ensure all purchased items are accounted for, backordered items, etc.
- Full oversight of life safety systems within the lab and all of our patient service centers. Managing the oversight of maintenance to extinguishers, signage, eye wash, HVAC, alarms, electrical, emergency lights, backup generator, janitorial, plumbing, compressors, water systems, etc.
- Responsible for the completion and posting of all annual PSC and IOP collection station licensing requirements.
- Organize all chemical and medical waste pickups at our headquarters.
- Interaction with phlebotomists in field and sales reps to set up new accounts and maintain existing accounts by handling special requests (water coolers, shredders, medical waste pickups, phlebotomy chairs, new products, business cards, centrifuge, etc.)
- Daily facility requests of installing/maintaining equipment (instruments, refrigerators, desks, waste pumps, SOS Gas can connections, etc.)
- Works with the Quality Director and Laboratory Director to comply with regulatory requirements to ensure the laboratory is in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations pertinent to the management of the laboratory, including applicable CLIA, CAP, NY State, OSHA, etc.
- Demonstrate the ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Possess effective management abilities so as to supervise department staff
- Perform all responsibilities independently with no direct supervision required
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Must have proven leadership, interpersonal, communication, computer and technical skills in the specialty area being supervised.
- Knowledge of medical laboratory principles, standards, applications and tests
- Knowledge of medical laboratory safety, cleanliness and infection control policies and regulations
- Knowledge of medical laboratory equipment uses and maintenance
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and comply with all HIPAA regulations
- Demonstrated leadership ability, strength and diplomacy
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Critical thinking with efficient and effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage and execute multiple projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well in a team environment that promotes inclusiveness and communication among team members.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts/Science Degree preferred
- 3 years-experience in facilities management and OSHA and safety regulations
- 1 or more years of management experience
- Environmentally controlled laboratory environment
- Fast paced environment with occasional high pressure or emergent situations
- Possible exposure to infectious specimens, communicable diseases, toxic substances, and other conditions common to a laboratory environment
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as appropriate such as lab coats, face shields, gloves and masks
- Frequent interaction with a diverse population including team members and other customers
- Frequent standing, walking, grasping, carrying and speaking
- Occasional sitting, reaching, bending and stooping
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling up to 50 pounds, with assistance if needed
- Frequent use of computer, keyboard, phone, and copy and fax machine as needed