Town of Marana
Tucson, AZ, United States
Facilities Technician II - HVAC
**Hiring Range Updated**
Marana is the fastest growing community in Southern Arizona and the 2nd largest municipality in Pima County. The Town was recently recognized as one of the ten most successful cities in Arizona. Marana lies approximately 20 minutes northwest of downtown Tucson and 75 minutes southeast of Phoenix. The Town makes its decisions based on a Strategic Plan that has five focus areas: Commerce, Community, Heritage, Innovation and Recreation.
Marana's standards are high. We are an organization of excellence and have developed four Cultural Value Statements that provide the guidelines for how we work together. Our Cultural Values are: Dedicated Service, Respect, Teamwork and Engaged Innovation.
The Town of Marana is seeking a Facilities Technician II - HVAC to work in the Public Works Department for the Facilities Division. This is a full-time position and an exciting opportunity for someone interested in having a direct impact on providing a safe and clean environment for Town employees.
Hiring range: $17.52 - $21.46Examples of Duties
- This position will assist the Facilities HVAC Tradesman with filter cleaning or replacement, coil cleaning, motor repairs, performs preventative maintenance by inspecting equipment and buildings, follows facilities calendar, and performs minor repairs as needed; operates various shop tools and equipment.
- Collect and inventory asset information and location into the Towns Asset Management System
- Manages daily work orders, completes work requests, receives requests, evaluates problems; obtains supplies, and schedules repairs/requests.
- Duties include assisting other Facilities staff with minor electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting and relocation of office furniture and equipment.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency plus six months of additional education or training
- Over three years of experience in HVAC, facility maintenance, construction or related field
- Valid Arizona Driver License
- Must pass a pre-employment physical and a 50 pound lift test
- Ability to pass the Town of Marana background check
An equivalent combination of education and relevant experience that provides the desired knowledge, skills & abilities to successfully perform essential functions maybe considered.
- Minor HVAC maintenance and repair experience
- In depth knowledge of HVAC systems and their inner workings
- Familiar with all tools and equipment necessary for HVAC installation and maintenance
If you meet the minimum requirements, submit a completed Town of Marana application which can be supplemented with a resume and cover letter. Candidates are responsible for verifying receipt of materials. Applications must be submitted by applying online at www.maranaaz.gov and following the employment link. All status updates will be sent via email through the applicant tracking system.
REVIEW PROCESS Job posting will remain open until a sufficient number of applicants have met the minimum requirements and have been scheduled for interviews.
TOWN OF MARANA CONTACT INFORMATION
11555 West Civic Center Drive
Marana, AZ 85653
ph (520) 382-1900 / fx (520) 382-3500
Human Resources Staff Contact
Loren Churchman /520.382.1934/ email@example.com
For technical issues with the NEOGOV site, please contact Customer Support at 1-855-524-5627.
The Town of Marana is an equal opportunity employer. If you require a reasonable accommodation at any stage of the application/exam process due to a disability, please contact the Human Resources Department prior to any deadlines related to this recruitment process. Please contact the Human Resources Department if you would like this publication in an alternative format.