Diocese of Tucson
Facilities Technician II, part time
Job Title: Facilities Technician II Exemption Status: Non-Exempt Part-Time
Department/Location: St Augustine Catholic High School / Tucson, AZ
Primary Function: Under the direction of the Facilities Director, employee is responsible for general custodial and maintenance duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Churchs spiritual and pastoral mission
- Perform landscaping duties as assigned
- Perform general custodial duties and maintenance to all areas
- Assist with preparation, set-up, and breakdown for sporting and special events
- Complete routine maintenance work as detailed on work schedules and as directed by the Facilities Director
- Correctly identify and make general repairs to minor problems
- Report immediately any damage or defects of the facility, its contents, and equipment housed therein
- Assist with annual floor waxing, painting, window washing, and carpet cleaning as directed
- Drive motorized equipment as required for maintenance duties
- Maintain a supply of cleaning supplies and equipment; properly account for materials and equipment
- Maintain security of buildings, equipment, and tools
- Comply with safety regulations as required; maintain a safe working environment
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Activities: Walking, sitting, standing, stooping, reaching, talking, handling, hearing, carrying, and climbing ladders.
- Must have a working knowledge of and a strong commitment to the mission of the Diocese and Catholic Church;
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written; excellent human relations and interpersonal skills
- Exercise courtesy to fellow employees, school community, and the general public
- Must be a self-starter; well organized; perform multiple tasks simultaneously and work with a sense of urgency
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment; punctuality is a must at all times; ability to travel locally as required; hours may vary depending on the needs of the school
- Professional bearing; clean and neat personal appearance
- Ability to successfully pass a background, criminal history, and credit history check
- Be able to read directions and label safety warnings. Must be safety-conscious
- Knowledge, skills and experience in handling janitorial equipment and maintenance tools
- High school graduate or equivalent education
- 1 year experience in a commercial or private maintenance, janitorial or similar position
St Augustion is a Roman Catholic religious organization and that all employees are expected to respect and conduct themselves in accordance with the values, teachings and morals of the Roman Catholic Church and by Arizona state law.? Under the "Zero Tolerance Policy", no one will be knowingly assigned or retained to serve in the School when that person is determined to have engaged in the abuse of a minor or to have violated boundaries in dealing with minors.